Remote sricam sp017 and ispy

Karrotto

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

I have a sp017 sricam ipcam in my house, i would like to record permanently using ispy soft. It works perfect in local using this configuración
rtsp://192.168.1.xxx:554/onvif1

Now im trying to connect but in remote. I have a ddns adress working and i have opened 554 port (forwaded to port YYY). I'm trying with

rtsp://ddnsadress:YYY/onvif1

But It fails.

What's wrong??

Thxs in advance

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm tryng with VLC and it plays the stream perfect :idk:, why ispy cannot?
Is that local or remotely?

I have a ddns adress working and i have opened 554 port (forwaded to port YYY). I'm trying with

rtsp://ddnsadress:YYY/onvif1
Try forwarding port YYY to the cam's LAN IP, not port 554, then use URL "rtsp://ddnsadress:554/onvif1" from remote (not LAN).

NOTE: port forwarding to a cam, PC or NVR is very risky and not recommended.

Karrotto

n3wb
Reaction score
Is that local or remotely?

Try forwarding port YYY to the cam's LAN IP, not port 554, then use URL "rtsp://ddnsadress:554/onvif1" from remote (not LAN).

NOTE: port forwarding to a cam, PC or NVR is very risky and not recommended.
Thx for your attention @TonyR VLC works perfect remotely with YYY port. Maybe i haven't explain my self properly (sorry about my english :facepalm:) i have configured YYY as Public port and as 554 LAN port.

Reaction score
Hi

I have a sp017 sricam ipcam in my house, i would like to record permanently using ispy soft. It works perfect in local using this configuración
rtsp:/192.168.1.xxx:554/onvif1

Now im trying to connect but in remote. I have a ddns adress working and i have opened 554 port (forwaded to port YYY). I'm trying with

rtsp:/ddnsadress:YYY/onvif1

But It fails.

What's wrong??

Thxs in advance
Hi I have ispy and have bene trying to link the SP017 cam to it, i had tried to use the VLC table in ispy but whatever i seem to try i cant get the cam to link so i cant see the image. It don't use any ports as this s internaly the cams are on the same network as the ispy pc. Do you have suggestions on what i should use to like it ?

Thanks