Remote Streaming IVMS-4500 Failed to connect

BBQ Ribs

n3wb
Reaction score
I am trying to remote stream to my Hikvision NVR DS-7608NI-SE

Instead of using the HiDDNS I am using the one in my ASUS U86 Router (username.asuscomm.com)
I have set the modem to bridge mode, router shows a public wan ip.
Everything work great from a web browser at my work, however I am unable to get the IVMS-4500 to work remotely on mobile device

Connecting from a iOS mobile browser does work, but missing streaming plugin

I tried switching to IP/Domain and IP/Server get a Connection failed, However Address/port/Username/password all correct
Anyone successful connect to a DDNS not Hik.
Do I need to use the HiDDNS or is there another Mobile app that would work?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am trying to remote stream to my Hikvision NVR DS-7608NI-SE

Instead of using the HiDDNS I am using the one in my ASUS U86 Router (username.asuscomm.com)
I have set the modem to bridge mode, router shows a public wan ip.
Everything work great from a web browser at my work, however I am unable to get the IVMS-4500 to work remotely on mobile device

Connecting from a iOS mobile browser does work, but missing streaming plugin

I tried switching to IP/Domain and IP/Server get a Connection failed, However Address/port/Username/password all correct
Anyone successful connect to a DDNS not Hik.
Do I need to use the HiDDNS or is there another Mobile app that would work?
make sure both the rstp port and media port are forwarded!

BBQ Ribs

n3wb
Reaction score
make sure both the rstp port and media port are forwarded!
I double checked it a few times already, however out of your wise wisdom, I just triple checked them again and doh your right, my router 8000 port had mistyped IP.
I hesitated to post this thread as I knew I was really really close, however I have been at this for 2 days now and I would not of looked at the port forwarding again as I was already confident I set it up correctly.:shame:
Thank you very much

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I double checked it a few times already, however out of your wise wisdom, I just triple checked them again and doh your right, my router 8000 port had mistyped IP.
I hesitated to post this thread as I knew I was really really close, however I have been at this for 2 days now and I would not of looked at the port forwarding again as I was already confident I set it up correctly.:shame:
Thank you very much
Great!