remote trigger with pre-trigger video buffer

pauly7300

n3wb
Reaction score
I am remotely triggering a specific camera with a URL Trigger based on the AI Tool integration with DeepStack. This camera itself is not part of a group but I configured it to "Trigger camera group" of a group that has 2 cameras in it. Each of those cameras I have set a specific pre-trigger video buffer for (4 seconds for one and 5 for the other). They don't seem to be adding the pre-trigger buffer to their captures when they're being triggered by the other camera triggering their group. Hope that makes sense.

There could definitely be a better way to do my setup but i'm more curious for academic purposes if it should be possible to do it like i've described.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Depending on your system, it could simply be the lag from when the photo is sent to Deepstack, it acknowledges and recognizes what you want it to, sends back to BI, BI does what it needs and triggers. I would try a longer pre-trigger and see what happens. Try like 30 seconds on the extreme end and then bring it back to a reasonable number you are experiencing with your system.

pauly7300

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks @wittaj. I knew I should have done that before posting. You nailed it. Raising the buffer to much higher just to confirm proved it was working. I backed it off to a better amount and it's performing great now.

Cheers!