Remote view IP cameras/port forwarding problems

markc6123

n3wb
Reaction score
Greetings. I have 3 Dlink and 2 Amcrest IP cameras. Each is viewable outside my LAN via Android phone through each company's web service. I want to be able to view all cameras in one app from outside my LAN.
I installed Tinycam PRO, and it works great inside my LAN. I did not sign up for their web service. I've port forwarded one cam in my router to test remote viewing. I have separate ports for HTTP, TCP, UDP and RTSP and assigned
each to that specific camera in an Asus router.

Still Tinycam will not connect to the camera when I turn off wifi on the phone. I'm sure I'm missing something simple but haven't figured it out yet. Any help would be appreciated.

As a side note, I have Tinycam running on an Nvidia Shield Pro, is there a way to access THAT from outside the LAN? I have Plex running on it, port forwarded and it works fine.

Thanks.
Mark

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Do not port forward. Do not use P2P or any other open port protocol that is not encrypted.

VPN Information Thread

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Don't fiddle, don't play, just enable it, install the client file on your devices, and use it.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
The Dlinks gotta go,,,,,,Oh look time to buy more cameras!
We all start out with Consumer grade stuff, and find our way here.
Hell I have 2 Dlinks up at the Bro's lake house,
Then I got cute and bought a Costco Nightowl Analog system, then I thought, This sucks the bag. what else is out there?
Now I'm just outta BI Boot camp, and learning the ropes.
"Good judgment comes from experience; experience comes from bad judgment "

markc6123

n3wb
Reaction score
Can you view your Dlink cameras without going through their website?

The Dlinks gotta go,,,,,,Oh look time to buy more cameras!
We all start out with Consumer grade stuff, and find our way here.
Hell I have 2 Dlinks up at the Bro's lake house,
Then I got cute and bought a Costco Nightowl Analog system, then I thought, This sucks the bag. what else is out there?
Now I'm just outta BI Boot camp, and learning the ropes.
"Good judgment comes from experience; experience comes from bad judgment "

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I can view them from my APP. but I'm not sure how it's configured. No special tricks. just used them out of the box. followed set up directions. But nobody is up there most of the year. so not worried about internet hacking....

markc6123

n3wb
Reaction score
I can view them remotely in the Dlink app but not from Tinycam.

I can view them from my APP. but I'm not sure how it's configured. No special tricks. just used them out of the box. followed set up directions. But nobody is up there most of the year. so not worried about internet hacking....