Remote viewing having to setup continously and new router suggestions

tahoebigah

n3wb
Reaction score
I started using the Blue Iris mobile app and setup remote viewing and went through the UnPn and its works but then a day later its not working again. I have to re-do the UnPn step and then it works temporarily again. Would this be a Blue Iris config issue or an issue with my router? My ip address has not changed and I am not using a different port. My router is a TP-Link Archer C9 on latest firmware.

I am debating on buying a new wireless router if anyone has any suggestions anyway.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I started using the Blue Iris mobile app and setup remote viewing and went through the UnPn and its works but then a day later its not working again. I have to re-do the UnPn step and then it works temporarily again. Would this be a Blue Iris config issue or an issue with my router? My ip address has not changed and I am not using a different port. My router is a TP-Link Archer C9 on latest firmware.

I am debating on buying a new wireless router if anyone has any suggestions anyway.
Using upnp is a serious security risk. Turn it off in everything. Don't forward ports, see here: wiki to secure your network.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
At the very least, disable UPnP and learn how to forward your port manually. If your router has a built-in VPN server, learn how to use that instead (and still turn off UPnP).

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
At the very least, disable UPnP and learn how to forward your port manually. If your router has a built-in VPN server, learn how to use that instead (and still turn off UPnP).
+1 on this. If you want a new router check out the Asus line