Remote viewing Ip cams behind verizon.

BubbaJoe

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Long time BI user here. I am using a Verizon novetell 1114 router as my wan1 device. I have been trying to get around the verizon NAT to view my cameras and have come up short.

I have a AWS instance running with ports open. Ive also opened my ports and created static routes on my wan2 device which controls my network.

I can view my cams from within my Lan. I still cannot view them from the outside.

Anyone have experience working around the verizon NAT?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
HI Bubba

Have you tried a VPN?

Enrique

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Maybe I am using the wrong acronym which is contributing to my total confusion about what you are trying to achieve... AWS = Amazon Web Services ???

BubbaJoe

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Maybe I am using the wrong acronym which is contributing to my total confusion about what you are trying to achieve... AWS = Amazon Web Services ???
Correct, Amazon Web Services. You can set up a stack/instance free for a year. You get 750hrs per month free. So I created a stack to tunnel my BI server out to the net but have not been able to connect remotely. I'm at a loss as to why.

Enrique

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Your BI server is within your home network connected to the internet through your verizon router. Running something in the AWS cloud won't help tunnel through your router in any way at all.

You need to open a tunnel through your router with either a) port forwarding web requests through your router to your web server or b) running a VPN server within your network and port forwarding VPN requests through your router to the VPN server.

See the VPN for noobs thread.