Remote Viewing Not Working, Unless...

Baubas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yesterday when I went to check my cameras with my phone it wouldn't connect. I tried a few other mobile devices and the same thing. If I get on my PC and shutdown Blue Iris, then restart Blue Iris I can connect but the next time I try to connect it won't. When remote access is not working I have gone into Blue Iris on my PC and ran the remote access wizard and everything checks out as OK. I am on the newest version and I have reset my PC. What else can I try?

Baubas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So after shutting down Blue Iris and restarting it I can use remote access for just a few minutes. If I go to Blue Iris on my PC after remote access has stopped working and click Status, my curser turns into an hourglass and stays that way until I force close Blur Iris. After I restart Blue Iris it's only good for a few minutes and then I get the same results. Any thoughts?

Baubas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok, so after restarting Blue Iris as long as I don't use remote access everything on the PC works fine. I can click on anything. I didn't use remote access for over an hour. As soon as I used remote access it worked for a few minutes like before and then when it stopped I click Status in Blue Iris on my PC and it locked up again like before. So as long as I don't use remote access everything is fine. Why is remote access breaking Blue Iris for me? Could it be the new update? Is anyone else experiencing something like this?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, so after restarting Blue Iris as long as I don't use remote access everything on the PC works fine. I can click on anything. I didn't use remote access for over an hour. As soon as I used remote access it worked for a few minutes like before and then when it stopped I click Status in Blue Iris on my PC and it locked up again like before. So as long as I don't use remote access everything is fine. Why is remote access breaking Blue Iris for me? Could it be the new update? Is anyone else experiencing something like this?
what exact version are you using. Revert back to 5.1.2.4 which is stable. Blue Iris Updates (64 bit) - History

Baubas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Tried going back to some older versions but it's still doing the same thing. I'm not sure what to do.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
That sounds pretty strange. See if you can get an updated network driver, or try changing the port number of Blue Iris's web server in case something else is conflicting with the current port number.

Baubas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Network driver up-to-date. Changed the port number and restarted the PC. Still doing the same thing. Restored PC back to Friday when it was working but didn't help. Should I delete Blue Iris and reinstall? What else can I do?

Robocop

n3wb
Reaction score
I have been running into the same issue. I would say the only difference that I can add to this conversation is I've track down the issue in my case to be the Comcast router.

Comcast or Xfinity, whatever they want to call themselves. They recently upgraded their security features in their routers/app.

So now anytime I try to use my cell phone to access my blue iris app and look at my cameras remotely it will work for 15-30 seconds and then disconnect and I will be unable to reconnect.

At first I didn't know what it was. After the most recent Xfinity Xfi app update when I try to login to the blue iris app the Xfi app sends me an alert saying an outside source is trying to access my network and it blocked it.

Now here in lies my problem as I've tried a DMZ, port forwarding, port triggering yet nothing works because regardless of what I do my router automatically stops it.

if I'm on the network Wi-Fi at my house and I open my blue iris app it works perfectly fine and there's absolutely no issue. It's only when I am on cell service that this issue happens.

Does being on Wi-Fi or cellular service make any difference for anyone here when trying to log onto the blue iris app?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Baubas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does the same thing wan or lan. I am on AT&T.

Baubas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It does the same thing on my iPad and it is connected to the network by Ethernet.