Remotely Booting a Milestone Server

camb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
How do you guys reboot a Windows based Milestone Server and Netgear POE remotely?

I have been having various problems when I travel such as the entire system not being accessible (unsure if this was due to a windows update) or a specific camera with a dropped connection that is always fixed by rebooting the POE switch. I tried resolving the POE switch issue by plugging it into a WeMo switch, but that WeMo switch occasionally had problems after frequent firmware updates.

I have read on Microsoft's site about changing something in the BIOS to allow remote access?

Thanks!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Web Power Switch is what I use for the rare event that I need to power cycle something remotely: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FWORL1Y

It isn't a cloud-based product, so you either have to port forward to it or use a VPN to gain access to its web interface.

In the BIOS you should be able to configure the PC to power on after AC power loss/restoration.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Most PCs have a BIOS setting to reboot after power failure. edit oops bp2008 already said that.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I use a cheap used Cyclades PDU (PM10-20A), it has 10 switched ports I can toggle through a serial connection on my home automation server.. was like $70 shipped for a pair of em.