Remotely controlling profiles

jrfuda

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm using HomeSeer and its BI plugin to interface with BI.

I think it uses JSON for 2-way communication between the two programs.

Everything is working great, but I have a question that I think is not covered in the documentation.

I'm trying to move the schedule logic out of BI and into HomeSeer as I have several condition and voice controlled events to control occupancy, and I want them to drive profiles in BI.

I understand I can trigger a profile in the console and make it hold, however, I'm not sure how to make it hold when triggering it from the plugin (I have a question in with the plugin author as well).

My understanding is that the profile will revert to the default profile or schedule based on the temp time or schedule unless profile hold is set. However, from what I've read so far, if hold is set, the plugin can no longer change the profile, so using hold - at this time - is not an option.

If I disable the schedule and set temp time to zero for all profiles (if possible) will that make the profile stick until it is manually changed again or will it make it instantly revert to profile 1?

If this is not possible, I can just make a recurring conditions based event to trigger a profile change every x minutes (x being less than temp time for that profile) as long as my occupancy conditions are met in HomeSeer, which is the same work around I'm using to keep my thermostat in "away" mode when we're out of the house for more than 24 hours.

znelbok

n3wb
Reaction score
Newby here, but looking at BI from a similar POV.

Looking at the help file re "The Web Server" you can select the profile and set run, hold or temp. Hold means to ignore the time value in the setting box. So when you set the profile you want you want to hold it.

again from the help

Temp Profile
When the currently active global profile has been temporarily overridden, you will see this stop watch. The schedule will resume normal operation when you click this icon, the profile is next scheduled to change, or after 8 hours, whichever occurs first.

Hold Profile
If you see this red hand icon, the scheduled profile will not change on its own--you must click this icon in order to resume the normal operation of the global profile schedule.

Hope this helps in some way