Renamed Cameras

jeremeyi

n3wb
Reaction score
I renamed my cameras and now the file names do not match the new camera names, so the clips and such do not show up in Blue Iris. Is there any easy way to batch rename the files to match up with the new camera names, and should I have done this differently to avoid this problem for future reference?

giel

n3wb
Reaction score
In a Windows command prompt, you can do ren camera_a* camera_b* in each of your folders where BI stores data (if you renamed the short camera name from camera_a to camera_b). You might need to rebuild the database after that (right click on the clip overview on the right if I recall correctly).

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Have you already tried right clicking the clips area in BI? Once you right click you can go to Database, repair/regenerate. It might be worth a try if you haven't already tried this.

giel

n3wb
Reaction score
Have you already tried right clicking the clips area in BI? Once you right click you can go to Database, repair/regenerate. It might be worth a try if you haven't already tried this.
Doesn't work - if you rename the short camera name, you actually have to rename the files (and then regenerate DB). I went through this just last week :).

jeremeyi

n3wb
Reaction score
I did get it to work, had to rename the files first than repair/regenerate database. Clips worked fine, but I lost all alerts.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm glad you got it fixed. I've renamed cameras but that was over a year ago, don't remember if I had problems or not.

Evisser4

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Any way to rename a camera and not lose all of the alerts?