Reolink cameras are garbage and their reddit moderators are unprofessional trunk slammers

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I want you all to take a look at this post right here. The complaint was about seeing ads in the reolink app which OP did not like. Afterall, who the fuck likes ads on free software let alone paid software?

Reolink is just an overall dumbed down product for dummies. That's why there are ads in it. Because only a DUMMY would put up with that shit. Notice how none of these shills can refute why this is happening, and instead shift the discussion to why this is not actually a bad thing. That is gaslighting. They throw you under the bus, and then tell all the bystanders to just move on theres nothing to see here.

The only appeal of Reolink to me was their doorbell cameras, which the way they work is also junk. Since they don't bother categorizing the notifications, there is no way to make a seperate notification sound for the doorbell to make it louder and last longer. The push notifications also aren't on time half of the time either, even when connected to the same LAN.

All in all, unless you need to do time lapse photography, use Unify instead.
@wittaj did you make another profile and logon here to tell what you really think about Reo's? :)

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
As long as you can get the bad guy to stand still and face the camera

Still not as bad as I originally thought it would be. Goes to show that with enough light most cameras are sufficient. It’s all about how much light is needed to get clean crisp motion shots (assuming at least 1/120 shutter)

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
Reolink is just an overall dumbed down product for dummies. ................

That's swapping from a cheap piece of junk system to an overly expensive piece of junk proprietary system! :idk: You'll be poorer after buying all the equipment, but still have a pretty bad system.

Andy M

n3wb
Reaction score
I want you all to take a look at this post right here. The complaint was about seeing ads in the reolink app which OP did not like. Afterall, who the fuck likes ads on free software let alone paid software?

Reolink is just an overall dumbed down product for dummies. That's why there are ads in it. Because only a DUMMY would put up with that shit. Notice how none of these shills can refute why this is happening, and instead shift the discussion to why this is not actually a bad thing. That is gaslighting. They throw you under the bus, and then tell all the bystanders to just move on theres nothing to see here.

The only appeal of Reolink to me was their doorbell cameras, which the way they work is also junk. Since they don't bother categorizing the notifications, there is no way to make a seperate notification sound for the doorbell to make it louder and last longer. The push notifications also aren't on time half of the time either, even when connected to the same LAN.

Hi I can't comment on redit but I have the POE doorbell Cam as a move from Ring.

The app on that has no adds at all. It's not all that I had hoped it would be but it's already had an update that fixed some of the issues and it's definitely an upgrade from Ring.

It can be set not to go into night view and then works in colour at night really well utilising Street lighting.

With a few notification niggles.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi I can't comment on redit but I have the POE doorbell Cam as a move from Ring.

The app on that has no adds at all. It's not all that I had hoped it would be but it's already had an update that fixed some of the issues and it's definitely an upgrade from Ring.

It can be set not to go into night view and then works in colour at night really well utilising Street lighting.

With a few notification niggles.
In general the Reolink Doorbell gets good reviews from members here compared to the alternatives .. unfortunately, this probably says a lot more about the options available ..

For me, I have yet to find a Doorbell I really like ..