Reolink CX810 ~$60USD only? Good specs?

joshwah

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What is your thoughts on this model.... price seems really good... specs seem good... reviews on youtube seem good?

looktall

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It does have good specs on paper, but i would be concerned about what manual controls you have over things like exposure and gain etc.

Buy one and report back your findings. :)

EDIT: At AUD$140 i'm not inclined to test it out.

joshwah

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

looktall

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
good old ozbargain.

Like the comments on that page say though, the CX410 would be better for night vision, being a 4mp camera with a 1/1.8" sensor.
The current price for the CX410 direct from Reolink is AUD$119

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
While the CX410 is on the proper MP/sensor ratio (4MP on a 1/1.8" sensor) with a large f1.0 aperture, at $119AUD it would be a steal if it worked like other full color cameras.

Sadly, it appears to suffer from the same issues of reolink, which is poor night quality and ghosting, etc. And look how washed out the camera on the right is when the lights kick on.

1712183730869.png

Is missing a leg normal?

Are these captures that could IDENTIFY a person? Looks like the person is close enough that a Dahua could provide IDENTIFY quality.

But it benefits from the light turning on with motion. Wonder if the camera gets momentarily blinded...yep....

1712183847770.png

The CX810 would be even worse since it is 8MP shoved on the same sensor as the CX410.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What is your thoughts on this model.... price seems really good... specs seem good... reviews on youtube seem good?
Hi @joshwah

I've got a few nice boxes of tech and camera deals .. some still new in box .. all of which are in my junk corner .. waiting for the world collapse when tech stuff becomes expensive again.

Basically, if any tech you buy fails to meet your needs, then what you paid for it is your lesson cost.

For me, I would recommend anyone interested in security cameras to get a decent 4mp 1/1.8" varifocal camera as the base to learn from .. this will be the most cost effective way to get into this today.

Then use that camera as your base from which to compare other cameras with.

Last edited: