Reolink DB not found on LAN when connected thru NVR.

daves52380

n3wb
Reaction score
I have successfully got dahua NVR to connect and record to reolink DB but will not connect to reolink client in that configuration. When DB Is connected directly to router, client works normally. I would like to use the phone client app but connected to NVR for POE and recording. The IP on LAN is 192.168.0.1, NVR 192.168.0.1 but cameras connected to NVR get assigned IP in the 10.1.1.1 range and the client cannot find the DB on network. I need the LAN network to see the camera through the NVR to connect to the internet. so it can function with the client app. I guess what I’m asking is why can’t I connect into my NVR like I do to the router? Note that the NVR is connected to the same router that the DB works when plugging in directly. What am I missing?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Once you put it on the NVR POE the NVR is acting as a firewall and that is why the reolink app won't see it.

You need the doorbell on the other side of the NVR and then manually add it to the NVR with the same IP subnet as your LAN if you want it to see both.

daves52380

n3wb
Reaction score
I figured the firewall is where the problem is. So I need to plug it back into the router. I’m the manual add on camera list, will it search last the NVR for devices? Sorry for the dumb questions, I don’t know much about networking. Thanks again,I appreciate your reply.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I don't have that DB but are you able to assign it an IP address in the DB or the router and then manually enter the IP address in the NVR?

daves52380

n3wb
Reaction score
The funny thing is when I just plugged it into the router my NVR automatically saw it because prior to hooking it up to the NVR in the last step, I changed the IP address to 192.168.0.1xx. It did not see it within the NVR because obviously of the firewall but when I connected back to router it picked it up right away so my problem is solved thank you