Reolink DVR NVR 48v needs (LFPo)

Dno

n3wb
Reaction score
TLDR: Can I run the NVR directly from the 48v LFPo?

Offgrid system. All-in-one inverter-charger-management-solarinput system (3k). Anyone who's owned one of these, knows they have a self-consumption, in this case, a drain of .7amps (35watts), taken from the LFPo batteries, while the 120vAC inverter is powered on {The unit fully powered up}.

The LFPo actual voltage ranges from 50-55v. LFPo's do not have an Absorb phase or equalization (high) voltage, like lead-acid. They also don't droop below 50v.

I wonder if the NVR can be powered directly with the 48v pack. There are some interesting protections built into the battery's BMS: it will tell the AI1 to turn off the inverter if less than 5% of the battery charge remains. The management portion of the AI1 will stay on, waiting for the sun, or grid, but the consumption is lower.

Rather than running power for the NVR, from the 48v LFPo to the inverter to the NVR power supply and converting back to 48v, I was wondering if it will tolerate the direct battery power. Likely in the 49-54v range at the NVR.

Last edited:

Dno

n3wb
Reaction score
Feedback from Reolink is not over 52v. Looking at some kind of DC converter or limiter.

Last edited:

msecure

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
55V should still be ok if you used branded CCTV like HIK/Dahua/UNV. Reolink I have no idea because I only do security grade cctv. Reolink is more towards DIY/Hobbylist/SoHo.