REOLINK LUMUS

DABRONX057

n3wb
Reaction score
Has anyone tried to replace the LED spotlights on the LUMUS. Mine is 2 years old and the light stopped turning on.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone tried to replace the LED spotlights on the LUMUS. Mine is 2 years old and the light stopped turning on.

Hi @DABRONX057

Certainly should be possible .. ( btw Louis Rossman does numerous videos on board level repairs, if you are near him iirc see if he has some workshops )

For most of us, we don't have good setups for board level repairs and often more affordable to purchase used or new instead.

If you do go with this project, please do share your images and results ..

1693938572479.png

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'd wager it isn't the actual LEDs that failed. More likely a component involved in powering / controlling them (capacitor, resistor, fuse, transistor, voltage regulator, photocell, etc)

Have fun tearing in to it, but know that if your able to fix it you'll be spending several times the value of the camera on tools

Last edited:

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
btw Louis Rossman does numerous videos on board level repairs
There are better sources of information for the kind of basic electronics knowledge you'd likely need to troubleshoot something like this.
Louis puts more energy into trying to entertain people than teach them. There's a reason he only works on macbooks.