Reolink Trackmix PTZ? Any experiences out there?

fastline12

n3wb
Oct 12, 2024
US
We are working through a cam upgrade on a commercial facility. We need 'decent' cams, probably not the extremes like Axis, nor can we afford that as we will have approx 20 cams. We are literally upgrading from analog cams if that sets the tone. However, I don't want to install something that we will see high failures with.

What I really like about the PTZ with white LEDs is the tracking, which may largely become a great deterrent. We have not made any decisions on an NVR solution but I have read that there may be some glitches between Reolink and the Blue Iris software?

In any case, seeing if there is any info out there, or possible other, similar solutions to look at in the PTZ area?

I did not find any info where these PTZs can be manually panned via software? I am new to this and wasn't sure.

Avoid Reolink unless all you care about is what time they came by.

The invisible man, where can he be. Thank goodness he is carrying around a reflective plate to see where he is LOL (hint - the person is literally in the middle of the image at the end of the fence)

I've seen better images on an episode of ghost hunters :lmao:

1729443826490.png

What you mean a missing hand isn't normal LOL :lmao (plus look at the blur on the face and he is barely moving and this should be ideal indoor IR bounce and it struggles):

1729443902924.png

Here is the unofficial Reolink thread.

You can see all the attempts people have provided to demonstrate the quality of Reolink, and they are all a blurry mess at night or missing body parts or other messes.

We have challenged someone to provide a clean capture of someone moving at night with a Reolink and as you can see with 20 pages, nobody has yet to provide a usable image with motion at night.

Reolink's algorithm is designed to produce a nice bright static image at night and that comes at a cost of blur and ghost and missing body parts at night.

These are the PTZs you will want to look at.

These PTZs have autotracking and work with BI.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reactions: Broachoski