replace damaged female connector on a camera?

area651

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
When de-installing a camera from inside of a house, the connector was pulled off the camera pigtail and now I have a broken connector. Does anyone know what part I would use to replace this? This camera will forever be inside (its a free LAView fwiw) so I don't need it to be weather proof. I just need to be able to do POE.

Would I just use a keystone like this? Or is there a better soln?

Here's a pic of the damaged connector on the cam:
messages_0 (2).jpeg

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

digger11

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I replaced a damaged connector on a Hikvision camera once. I did use a keystone connector, and even though it was going into a junction box, just to be safe I wrapped it all up with Coax Seal. I've had no issues with it in the last couple of years since the repair.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Do you still have the female end that's missing there? Looks like the way that one broke you might be able to just line things up and glue it back in place.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
I replaced a damaged connector on a Hikvision camera once. I did use a keystone connector, and even though it was going into a junction box, just to be safe I wrapped it all up with Coax Seal. I've had no issues with it in the last couple of years since the repair.
ive done this once too. it works

area651

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

00Buck

Known around here
Reaction score
You can use a punch down cat5 connector you will have to ohm out the pins to match your camera connector because the colors will not be standard colors for the punch down.