Replace Interlogix TruVision

Reaction score
I have a job I'm taking over after his original installer went out of business. He has an Interlogix TruVision NVR, and 8 IP cameras all plugged in directly. I know the old installer, so I have the NVR password. Everything on the system actually works, except the TruVision App. When I called Interlogix, they said support was discontinued year end 2021, so it's looking like I need to replace it. Since this is a Hikvision OEM, I'm assuming I can slap a HIK NVR in place of the TruVision TVN 10, but my concern is the cameras. They are plugged directly into the NVR and are on it's private network. In the camera config of the NVR, it says they are using the TruVision protocol. If I swap out the NVR with a Hikvision, will the cameras still work or do I have to look into replacing those too?

ptzman

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have a job I'm taking over after his original installer went out of business. He has an Interlogix TruVision NVR, and 8 IP cameras all plugged in directly. I know the old installer, so I have the NVR password. Everything on the system actually works, except the TruVision App. When I called Interlogix, they said support was discontinued year end 2021, so it's looking like I need to replace it. Since this is a Hikvision OEM, I'm assuming I can slap a HIK NVR in place of the TruVision TVN 10, but my concern is the cameras. They are plugged directly into the NVR and are on it's private network. In the camera config of the NVR, it says they are using the TruVision protocol. If I swap out the NVR with a Hikvision, will the cameras still work or do I have to look into replacing those too?
What did you decide?