Replace this with a 2.8mm camera?

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have the camera pointed as low as i can i believe. Would a 2.8 be better? Or would i lose facial recognition at night?

20170321182932.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
rotate it 90 degrees and run it in corridor mode; and no you dont need any wider thats for sure..

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'll give it a shot. I need to get that right bulkhead out of the shot.

banker9

n3wb
Reaction score
Is that guy smoking right next to the propane tank? May not need to worry about the type of camera unless the video survives the blast

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
The smoker is checking the ambient propane level using his phone.

Dey's gots and App fer dat!

If the app sez "Warning, propane detected!", he'll head to the steps on the right. And he'll step on the rake, conking his head, and fly over the railing. LOL.

[JFire, jes having some fun! :idk: ]

just some dude

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Question on corridor mode, is this a mechanical and software combination to achieve portrait or corridor view? I am interested in under eve installation to monitor space between houses.

I'm thinking about using Dahua turrets, such as Hdw4231em-as and/or IPC-HDW5231R-Z for monitoring my property lines without grabbing too much of neighboring properties. Thoughts on this, including mm lens? Cameras ~12' off the ground. Thanks

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Question on corridor mode, is this a mechanical and software combination to achieve portrait or corridor view? I am interested in under eve installation to monitor space between houses.

I'm thinking about using Dahua turrets, such as Hdw4231em-as and/or IPC-HDW5231R-Z for monitoring my property lines without grabbing too much of neighboring properties. Thoughts on this, including mm lens? Cameras ~12' off the ground. Thanks
Most people will tell you to get the varifocal and use it as a test vehicle for the lense you want to ultimately place there or just buy all cameras varifocal.

just some dude

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes, I've read that. Wondering if the camera gives feedback as far as the the current lens setting? Let's say I play around with the vari focal, find where I like it, how do I know what fixed lens would be close to it?

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I never used a varifocal so i can't help you on that.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
it gives you a slider 1-100%; you could roughly calculate 50% is 6mm and 33% is 4mm, and ~70% is 8mm.. but no it wont tell you what mm optics its at

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Question on corridor mode, is this a mechanical and software combination to achieve portrait or corridor view?
To set up "corridor mode" you set a 90 degree rotation in the camera firmware. If the camera is already installed, you do need to rotate it physically of course. Most cameras these days have 3-axis adjustment so you don't need to re-mount it usually