Replaced 2 cameras on blue iris - I see time, but not video

Tralfas

n3wb
Reaction score
1. I had a few crppy b&w bullet cameras wired to bluecherry 480 8 channel pciecard. run is only 50 feet or less.
2. I dropped two out and replaced with 2 super cheap amrest 1080p hdcvi with same connector and power.
3. in blue iris I see video of other camera, I do not see video of new cameras.
I just dropped them in. after it failed to show anything other than the time I fiddled some with blue iris to the extent of my knowledge. Basically messing with video tab and various settings. I also tried to delete old camera and add in new again. Made it worse - created an undocked screen that won't dock and locked up the app.
4. after recovering from the lock up, I researched some and tried a few suggestions but not worth mentioning.
I reached out to blue iris and bluecherry. They both responded with questions. After replying with details I didn't get a response back.

A. how do I troubleshoot a single camera to debug this. I tried VLC, but no camera was working there. I just tried "default" with audio as none.
B. an over resolution camera should still display right?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@Tralfas You cannot use hdcvi cameras with a blue cherry card...Time to move to ip cameras...or buy a dahua hdcvi dvr..