Replacement Control Board for Dahua NVR7216-8P?

SimkinCA

n3wb
Reaction score
I lost a fan and didn't notice,so it was toasty for sometime. Now it seems to boot, but gives me the Cam screen via hdmi, nothing via VGA and I can't get any mouse to respond front nor rear USB ports. The ports seem fine, because if I put in a firmware flash drive, it comes up with a prompt, but since no mouse, I can't move and click anything,

Date/Time is correct, but I can't right click to get to menu. So not sure what is wrong, so looking for parts. Older unit I know. But works for my cameras I have.

Other symptoms, front panel doesn't seem to do anything.

I've attempted a hard reset, holding button on mobo for 30 seconds and still have current date. I've pulled the battery, nothing is making this happy :)

Sooooo, thoughts?

thanks

Attachments

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
Try unplugging everything you can. All Cams, all hard drives. Power on and see how you go

I had a laptop once that wouldn't even power on. I thought it was a power supply / battery problem until i eventually discovered the hard drive had failed. Must have been dragging the power down around the board. Once it was disconnected the screen lit up and i could enter the bios etc

If things aren't getting the required voltages they'll mess about.

Good luck

Griswald

SimkinCA

n3wb
Reaction score
Try unplugging everything you can. All Cams, all hard drives. Power on and see how you go

I had a laptop once that wouldn't even power on. I thought it was a power supply / battery problem until i eventually discovered the hard drive had failed. Must have been dragging the power down around the board. Once it was disconnected the screen lit up and i could enter the bios etc

If things aren't getting the required voltages they'll mess about.

Good luck

Griswald
Thank you sir. I tried that, I get a message No HDD but no other change. That tells me my HD may be okay and the motherboard/control board is being a jerk :) I pulled the board out, looked for any obvious burnt traces and didn't see any. So if I can't find a replacement board, I guess it's time to upgrade :)

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm just thought of another idea.

You mention the flash drive works ok. Load wise there's substantially less electronics in a flash drive to power than your average wired mouse. I'm wondering would a wireless mouse work since the nvr would only have to power the tiny receiver.

Research suggests Logitech works more often than not. Maybe others could confirm what mice they are using with their systems.

After all is said and done though you might just be de!aying the inevitable.

Griswald

SimkinCA

n3wb
Reaction score
It's possible the power supply is bad, especially if it's internal.

Thought about the PS, but I put a meter on it and I'm getting the right voltage 12v and 56v (specs say 12v and 53v but I'm guessing this is still in spec. I'd be worried to see a lower number. So unless it's an intermittent thang, I'm guessing the PS is okay.

I've also tried a wireless mouse, no joy there either. Well 7 years was a good run, I'll go hunting and see what is out there now, I've not been paying attention, so will have to dust the old noggin off and see what the latest NVR's bring and which support the hikvision cams the best.

Thanks all!! Just think this is dead and Dahua won't give me any assistance in locating a new control board and the internet has failed when trying to track down the part number :)

Tory