replacing DS-2CD2155FWD-I with DS-2CD3688G2T-LIZS

Spirch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
so I ordered a DS-2CD3688G2T-LIZS that i just received

i will be replacing a DS-2CD2155FWD-I with it this weekend

this should be a big/huge difference, i assume / hope so

I just initialized it, the web UI is COMPLETELY different, look more modern which is nice

anyway, i played around in the config, look way nicer!, and i just did a reset & disconnected until I install it in a few days

if anyone have any question, let me know, i will try to answer it when i can

Spirch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
so first night with this new camera

setting for it is mostly all auto / default setting

both at 1/60, i tried to replicate as much as possible the same settings / configuration

the after quality is pretty nice, going from 6mp with sensor of 1/2.9 to 8mp with sensor of 1/1.8

i am not sure how to figure out the mm zoom with the varifocal but it is zoomed a little bit, if someone can tell me how to get this, i would appreciate (going to do some online research, not sure if i will be lucky or not)

the before was 6mm

before
before.jpg

after
after.jpg

Spirch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I would say that it is a step in the right direction.
reason to change was, getting rid of false notification (shadow / pet / wind / wildlife / etc) (this is the real main reason)
better quality (so far so good)
and i wanted to try the dual/smart light (going to try it in a few hours)

sadly i will maybe use 20% of all features provided by that camera, it got HEOP 2.0, not really going to use it

Spirch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
last night i tried the smart light, i think this feature is going to be only useful if there is more light and/or less far object/people

for me i think it's not good at all, i got ghosting and loss of details... but i got some color :clap:

i will try another night with different settings but i might leave it at IR only

(not going to post image of myself, sorry)

Spirch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i will try another night with different settings but i might leave it at IR only
moved Iris from auto to fixed, better quality, still unsure if i will keep hybrid or IR only, kind of 50/50 now

for a backyard, do you think 1/30 should be ok? right now i'm sticking to 1/60 but i want your opinion