Replacing TeamViewer

Michael James

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looking to replace Teamviewer. Keeps saying I am using for commercial use, which I'm not.
I support my mother, mother in law and 2 remote/unattended servers for camera systems at 2 houses (Blue Iris) and need unattended access. Any suggestions? Would like free or something close like $100 per year or less

Looking for something VERY simple to install

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I can’t vouch for it but I’ve used Anydesk with Dahua engineers before, seemed very simple. I prefer TeamViewer but yeah on the restrictions..

Michael James

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I can’t vouch for it but I’ve used Anydesk with Dahua engineers before, seemed very simple. I prefer TeamViewer but yeah on the restrictions..
I checked on Anydesk.. pricing seems high for what I am using it for. Looks like $15/month at least

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I checked on Anydesk.. pricing seems high for what I am using it for. Looks like $15/month at least
Scroll down on the pricing page. There is a free version, which allows unattended access to 3 devices.
I gave up on teamviewer the last time they falsely flagged me for commercial use. Anydesk has it's quirks but generally gets the job done. I've also had better luck with AnyDesk than Team Viewer Host when supporting Android phones.

If any of the machines have the Pro version of windows you could tunnel to them via a VPN or Tail Scale / Zero Tier and connect over RDP.

Here are a couple other options that I haven't used personally:

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Chrome Remote Desktop,
RealVNC,
AnyViewer (AOMEI - HK/China) Free version - low file transfer speed on free version

Michael James

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I went with Anydesk. They provided live technical support for me even on the Free version. I have 1 headless server I am working thru on Friday. But everything else working very well.