Repurpose security cameras?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I've tried to add the camera and tested all the Grain related profiles under IP Camera, I've tested adding ONVIF but it's not showing up. When I scan the network while adding the camera, the network activity light on the camera promptly reacts to the scan, but it's still not broadcasting anything that I can catch. No DHCP lease or anything.

I think I'm not getting access without a new firmware, so I think that's where I need to focus my efforts.
See if you can find a reset button, maybe tiny, just big enough for a paper clip. With cam powered on, press the reset button for at least 30 seconds.
If that doesn't work, then power off the camera, press in the reset button, while still holding in the reset button, power camera back on, and continue holding button in for at least 30 second after applying power.

Reaction score
See if you can find a reset button, maybe tiny, just big enough for a paper clip. With cam powered on, press the reset button for at least 30 seconds.
If that doesn't work, then power off the camera, press in the reset button, while still holding in the reset button, power camera back on, and continue holding button in for at least 30 second after applying power.
I opened up another camera, the beeping one, and it's a Hi3518 CRBCV100 SoC. The reset button on the board is offset from where the hole is in the body, quality build, but I managed to do the reset cycle but with no result. It seems to be fully supported by OpenIPC though, so that's gonna be the next step.