Reset to default after firmware upgrade is a must

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Tonight, I was upgrading two of my IPC-HDW5231R-Z. In one of the 5231 that there was an issue with the rule type in the IVS setup. Normally it would have 4 rule type, Tripwire, Intrusion, Abandoned Object, and Missing Object. After the upgrade, the only rule type offered was Tripwire. The other rule type went missing and could not be found anywhere in the menu anymore.

I went to Setup -> System -> Default which restore the camera configuration to the default setting but the network and users password was left untouched. After the default was restored, the other rule type returned and I could select any of the 4 rule type again.

If you experience any oddity after the upgrade, I recommend that you reset the camera. You will have to restore every configuration but your network and user with password should be preserved however it does seem to clear up or fix any issue that I encounter after the upgrade.

I even went ahead and reset the second 5231 back to default and reconfigured it again even I didn't find anything wrong with it.