Resetting a Hikvision bullet camera

Baspinall

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Have not found a way to do this? Some say take the camera apart but I don't think that's right. If I default a NVR with it plugged in will it default the cameras as well?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
No, it won't.

Why are you trying to do this?

Baspinall

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Was trying to hard restore it with the button like the domes. I can't access this cam at all. I have re IPed it multiple times to no avail. Im also a newby to these NVR's. Using the 7608 w/ 8/POE ports. Seems these have two IP address's. I'm used to using servers on commercial installs. I thought the 8 ports on this thing were like a switch. Found out that's not the case/ I also thought I could access these from the POE ports via web browser .... nope.

Baspinall

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Not even sure what the IP on it is at this point

Baspinall

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
SADP tool can't see it for some reason. Starting to wonder if I have a bum camera

Baspinall

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I can now see it in SADP but still can not access the cam image. Have not changed out of the box firmware.

Baspinall

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well actually I don't think I can access it through web browser on this NVR. I have a couple POE switch's on their way from Newegg. Once I get the cameras on a POE switch that's web enabled I should be able to access them through the browser. These NVR's are finicky. I think these small 8 port POE NVR's are set up so you can't do a lot of things I am used to being able to do.

Kieran

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Some Hikvision bullets have a phsyical reset button - which model is yours?
On a mini-bullet, it's located at the back of the camera
On a varifocal bullet, you can find it by unscrewing the cap of the camera, at the front.

Couple of pictures to show where, attached.

Depending on the model and firmware version of your NVR, you may also be able to activate a feature called Virtual Host (via a web browser, Configuration >> Network >> Advanced Settings >> Other) which will allow you to connect to cameras connected to the POE ports directly through a web browser. Once you've enabled it, navigate to System >> Camera Management.

Otherwise though, the exterior POE switches you've ordered should be much more flexible

Attachments