Resetting BI back to factory install

JoshFink

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm 100% sure I'm just missing the instructions for this. I've had BI running for several years at my previous house that I kept upgrading. There are some old settings, some old cameras, and configurations that are no longer in use. What I really want to do is just take BI back to a fresh install.

Is there a preferred method to do this? I can back up my config and such should I want to go back but with the license and such I'd rather be careful before I do it.

Thanks for the help!

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
The best way would be to deactivate Blue Iris after making a careful note of your license in a hard copy. Then uninstall BI. Reinstall and recreate all the cameras if you want a truly "clean" starting point again. If you want to go further you can go into the registry, after uninstalling BI, and delete the whole Perspective Software portion. Even further would be to deactivate, then wipe the C:\ drive and install Win10 from the media creation tool, then reinstall BI and recreate all the cameras.

Just remember to deactivate BI after making note of the license. That can be done by using the "email support" tab in BI. Just remember to print out what gets sent to the clip board using either Wordpad or Notepad.

Last edited:

JoshFink

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The best way would be to deactivate Blue Iris after making a careful not of your license in a hard copy. Then uninstall BI. Reinstall and recreate all the cameras if you want a truly "clean" starting point again. If you want to go further you can go into the registry, after uninstalling BI, and delete the whole Perspective Software portion. Even further would be to deactivate, then wipe the C:\ drive and install Win10 from the media creation tool, then reinstall BI and recreate all the cameras.

Just remember to deactivate BI after making not of the license. That can be done by using the "email support" tab in BI. Just remember to print out what gets sent to the clip board using either Wordpad or Notepad.
Thank you.. Awesome instructions.. I appreciate the help.