Response from Hikvision on unauthorized sales

Bradmph

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm not sure if there are any post of this type here, but when I received a response on a password defaulting on a unit, I thought I would post it up. Keep in mind that the codes posted were given to me by the techs and only after I gave them the serial number of my camera. If you are trying to default your password after possibly forgetting your own password, these may or may not work for you to correct the issue.
This is just a response from the Hikvision tech support whom were kind enough to inform me of issues they have concerning authorization of sales of their products and warranty information on products purchased outside their request.

REPLY FROM HIKVISION

Please try one of the following secure codes:
26/08/2015: R9eedyqzdS
27/08/2015: rQddyQqzdy
28/08/2015: ReSeRQQ9qQ
29/08/2015: qrz9zdyRrq
30/08/2015: qrrR9dedRr
You will want to enter the code following the colon :))
If these codes do not work, please contact the re-seller where you purchased your cameras.
Based on the information provided, your items are from an unauthorized reseller. Hikvision USA Technical Support and Customer Service will only provide technical support and warranty service for products purchased thru an AUTHORIZED North American Distributor.
http://www.hikvision.com/en/us/distributionPartner-usa.asp?cid=17
We are a little lenient in regards to password resets. In the future you may have to contact the re-seller where you purchased your cameras for support.
Please be aware that Hikvision products are region-specific and regionally supported. If you have purchased your Hikvision products from an online source or unauthorized distributor, they may not be compatible with the North American region’s firmware and are considered to be “gray market” product. If your camera has “CH” in the serial number, you are most likely using a “gray market” product. Updating the firmware from this site can lead to several complications in those cameras, up to and including camera failure. Restoring a “gray market” product to its original condition is a factory process and will result in a Chinese interface. As Hikvision warranty is void in this case, you must rely on the dealer for any service, support, and warranty of the “gray market” product. If you have any questions or concerns about the official status of your Hikvision distributor, please contact Hikvision USA Customer Service at csr.usa@hikvision.com.
Technical Support Department

Hikvision USA
www.hikvision.com
email: techsupport.usa@hikvision.com
Technical Support Hotine: (909)612-9039
General Phone Number: (909)895-0400
Follow Hikvision USA and Canada on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Those codes are worthless for any camera except the one with the serial number you gave them. The serial number is one of the ingredients in generating the code.

Interesting response, though. I am glad they are at least helping with password resets still.