Restarting Blue Iris via BIT

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Someone please remind me how to gracefully reboot the computer when you have BI running as a service and also have BIT installed. I could have sworn there is a restart feature on BIT but maybe I dreamed it.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
I still use BIT only to update my weather. I have unchecked all the watchdog items within BIT as they are no longer needed if you run BI as a service. So when I restart my W11 BI system I just click restart. I do have a bat file that I use to shut down the BI service, but the service just fires back up on its own and you have to be quick on the trigger. So now I just restart it without doing anything and BI will bitch when it boots up saying it was shut down unexpectantly, but no big deal. What would be nice if there was a system shut down or reboot option within BI so it could first shut itself down to its liking and then shut down system.
So what do other users do ?

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Maybe it's :
BIT => Options => Start when Windows Boots
I was looking for the opposite of this. A button to gracefully stop BI before the computer shuts down or reboots. Guess I'm losing it :rofl: as I thought there was a feature in BIT.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
I still use BIT only to update my weather. I have unchecked all the watchdog items within BIT as they are no longer needed if you run BI as a service. So when I restart my W11 BI system I just click restart. I do have a bat file that I use to shut down the BI service, but the service just fires back up on its own and you have to be quick on the trigger. So now I just restart it without doing anything and BI will bitch when it boots up saying it was shut down unexpectantly, but no big deal. What would be nice if there was a system shut down or reboot option within BI so it could first shut itself down to its liking and then shut down system.
So what do other users do ?
Yup, recently I'm using the ol' POWER > RESTART on the computer. BI runs without issue and it's on a UPS therefore it runs for months at a time so I forgot what I was doing before. Maybe I was manually stopping BIT then BI then rebooting.

1678884076084.png