Restoring 2332 Camera?

vi3w

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

Have been trawling the forums here and there is plenty of information, however did the stupid thing and updated a working 5.2.0 camera to 5.3.0 from the Hikvision Overseas site.

It has put it the Camera into a Mini Mode, which TFTP, FTP & Telnet still work, but that is all (There was port 8000 too, nothing displayed though, but that is gone now). I found that the Batch Upgrading Tool was able to send it a firmware file when the TFTP wasn't, but not the TFTP seems to work every time, but not any closer to fixing it. I have tested updating using chinese 5.3.0 firmware, and says it completes, but no change. I even tested the 5.30 downgrader, but no luck either.

I do have another 2332 camera functioning and working - anything i could export and copy across, or logs to look at to see why it isn't booting up? I know that MAC Addresses could possible be the same, but happy to setup on separate VLAN's to prevent and MAC Address clashes.

I have already exported out the file system via FTP and able to provide files.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If your camera is a Chinese region, you'll have to put it back to a lower firmware 1st.
What is the default firmware of the camera, it's on the box and on a sticker on the camera it's self.

MrFixit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,

Have been trawling the forums here and there is plenty of information, however did the stupid thing and updated a working 5.2.0 camera to 5.3.0 from the Hikvision Overseas site.

It has put it the Camera into a Mini Mode, which TFTP, FTP & Telnet still work, but that is all (There was port 8000 too, nothing displayed though, but that is gone now). I found that the Batch Upgrading Tool was able to send it a firmware file when the TFTP wasn't, but not the TFTP seems to work every time, but not any closer to fixing it. I have tested updating using chinese 5.3.0 firmware, and says it completes, but no change. I even tested the 5.30 downgrader, but no luck either.

I do have another 2332 camera functioning and working - anything i could export and copy across, or logs to look at to see why it isn't booting up? I know that MAC Addresses could possible be the same, but happy to setup on separate VLAN's to prevent and MAC Address clashes.

I have already exported out the file system via FTP and able to provide files.
Have a look at this link: http://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/4036-Custom-Firmware-Downgrader-5-3-0-Chinese-to-5-2-5-English

That fixed my cams and many others on here that bricked there cams. Good Luck