Return cam to preset after PTZ?

pugtech

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there a way to configure BI to return the camera to a preset following manual operation of the PTZ control? I want to use a single PTZ camera to secure the entry of my server rooms but also be able to have a look around from time to time. I want the system to return the camera to point to the door when people are done messing around, in case they forget and leave it zoomed in on the ceiling mounted AC vent...

If not, how do I submit an enhancement request? Thanks...Scott

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there a way to configure BI to return the camera to a preset following manual operation of the PTZ control? I want to use a single PTZ camera to secure the entry of my server rooms but also be able to have a look around from time to time. I want the system to return the camera to point to the door when people are done messing around, in case they forget and leave it zoomed in on the ceiling mounted AC vent...

If not, how do I submit an enhancement request? Thanks...Scott
set auto cycle patrol to a single preset that aims at the desired location...then set resume cycle after inactivity to the desired time.

pugtech

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. I tried that again, just to be sure. I does not work for me. I checked the profile under auto-cycle for the door camera on the presets window of the PTZ tab, checked the auto-cycle patrol and entered 30 sec for resume cycle after inactivity.

Any ideas? I'm running 4.5.3.7. Thanks...Scott

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. I tried that again, just to be sure. I does not work for me. I checked the profile under auto-cycle for the door camera on the presets window of the PTZ tab, checked the auto-cycle patrol and entered 30 sec for resume cycle after inactivity.

Any ideas? I'm running 4.5.3.7. Thanks...Scott
try setting at least two presets to he same location so they BI can "cycle" between them...

Rick Rick

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
try setting at least two presets to he same location so they BI can "cycle" between them...
I don't know how to stop it from cycling to all the preset unless you remove them from BI. The docs say you can stop the auto-cycle from going to a preset by putting a hyphen in the name but that does not work.
"By placing a hyphen (-) at the end of a preset name/number, it is excluded from the preset auto-cycle"
Any suggestions?

pugtech

n3wb
Reaction score
There's a better way to achieve this. The method I used above can create problems if the cycle times are too short. Motion triggering is disabled until the end of the cycle period.

Add a scheduled event on the Schedule tab of each camera. Set it for 12:00am with the function PTZ Preset # (# of the desired preset) and check Search-back at startup/reset. This will return the camera to preset # on startup and reset, which includes the end of manual movement. Good luck...Scott

Rick Rick

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I want it to return to position after right after the trigger is finished. Don't think what you suggest will do that.
There's a better way to achieve this. The method I used above can create problems if the cycle times are too short. Motion triggering is disabled until the end of the cycle period.

Add a scheduled event on the Schedule tab of each camera. Set it for 12:00am with the function PTZ Preset # (# of the desired preset) and check Search-back at startup/reset. This will return the camera to preset # on startup and reset, which includes the end of manual movement. Good luck...Scott
New
I want it to return to position after right after the trigger is finished. Don't think what you suggest will do that.
Sorry for the multiple replies

pugtech

n3wb
Reaction score
I guess I don't understand what you're trying to accomplish. This thread deals with the need to return a camera to a preset (i.e. watching the door) after someone manually points it to another part of the room. The method I described does this after the Resume cycle/schedule after inactivity (sec) times out. I have mine set for 60 sec.

What are you trying to do?

Rick Rick

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I guess I don't understand what you're trying to accomplish. This thread deals with the need to return a camera to a preset (i.e. watching the door) after someone manually points it to another part of the room. The method I described does this after the Resume cycle/schedule after inactivity (sec) times out. I have mine set for 60 sec.

What are you trying to do?
OK. Here is what I am doing. I have several cameras out the front of my house. When the main one gets triggered they all get triggered (group trigger) and go to a preset. THey all then record util the trigger is over. Then I would like them all to return to their original preset.

pugtech

n3wb
Reaction score
I suggest trying the solution I described. I tested a similar config where the camera moves to preset #2 when triggered. After the 60 sec timeout, it moved back to preset #1 based on the scheduled event.

Rick Rick

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I suggest trying the solution I described. I tested a similar config where the camera moves to preset #2 when triggered. After the 60 sec timeout, it moved back to preset #1 based on the scheduled event.
Yes that worked!!! Thank you very much.

bam2413

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks again Pugtech! I know this solution was from over a year ago, but it came in handy today!

paluszak

n3wb
Reaction score
I would like to do something similar to what you are inquiring above, however in my situation I would like to be able to issue a "PAUSE" of sorts to any of my cameras (which are currently set to return to a specific preset "home" upon timing out), so I can PTZ to watch something else for a while, for instance the kids playing in the pool, but then be able to turn back on (or "re-pause") again later, so it will resume its normal "always go back to preset function". Is this in some way possible. Forgive me as I have had my cam's for a long time, but I am still new to Blue Iris Software (which is awesome BTW!) - Thanks! Jason

dasdasdas

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Given that this crazy software keeps changing UI on a whim, I thought I'd share the location in v5 ;)
The method I described does this after the Resume cycle/schedule after inactivity (sec) times out.
1698563173946.png