[Review] Anjvision IMX347 4MP 1/1.8" Starlight Camera Module MC-K45

ipcamuser11

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Bought the module for only $40 along with a big aperture F1.0 M16 4mm lens

Lens mount has no IR-CUT, only with fixed IR filter, this module is intended to work in extreme low light environment without IR LED

SoC: SigmaStar SSC330KQ
CMOS: Sony IMX347, 4MP 1/1.8" pixel size 2.9*2.9um
RAM: SoC builtin 128MB
ROM: 16MB NOR
Lens: F1.0 4mm M16 mount

Max resolution is 2560*1440@30FPS, shutter speed 1/10000 - 1/10s, no manual gain control
WDR and HDR supported, however, the WDR switch is useless, making no difference. HDR picture is impressive when there's plenty light
Support ONVIF but only has profile S, which is enough for NVR recording
They surprisingly have a HTTP CGI API interface with well written document in both Chinese and English, which is very rare among the small Chinese camera companies. You can control all the settings via the CGI API
Another surprise is that you can view the live stream in Chrome without any plugin

mc-k45.jpg

I will compare its performance in extreme low light environment with the Hikvision IMX385 box camera I just tested yesterday.

Cameras are locked in my storage room with no window, the only light source is from my Sylonogy NAS, UPS and network switch status LED. It's almost totally dark, hardly anything visible with human eyes. I took a picture with my iPhone 12 Pro in auto mode
iphone.jpg

Let's start with 1/50s shutter speed in both color and B/W mode

compare_50_color.jpg
compare_50_bw.jpg

It's good but not as good as the IMX385 camera, which has a 3.85*3.85um big pixel size.

Following is picture with 1/10s shutter speed, the IMX385 camera doesn't have a 1/10s option, so I choose 1/12s instead, gain 100%

compare_10_color.jpg
compare_10_bw.jpg

Picture quality is much better than that with 1/50s shutter, same as IMX385. But 1/10 shutter speed will make any moving object like a ghost, 1/50 is the lowest useful shutter speed in real environment

msecure

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have tested the unit at a dance club and it look fantastic.

duplo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
According to first picture there is an LED and audio connector

does it have any function ?

for working needs POE module ?

msecure

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
According to first picture there is an LED and audio connector

does it have any function ?

for working needs POE module ?
Mic/Speaker for audio & LED can connect warm/white lights. Can work using 12V without POE module.

Daijoubu

n3wb
Reaction score
Are you getting motion events using ONVIF?
Also found a bug, the ONVIF profile/listed capabilities doesn't have ACC audio codec even though it's available.
Also some of the reported bitrates are incorrect.

I think hardware WDR is enabled by default that's why the switch doesn't do anything.

I'm also getting some motion trails/pixelation, not sure if it's overheating as I removed the heatsink and tried to mate with the Reolink housing but it may not be making good contact, I ordered some thermal pad to try padding it more as the stock 3mm didn't seem to suffice.

I have gutted an old Reolink dome camera and installed this module inside it, surprisingly has 42x42mm mounting holes and there's enough room to clear the lens inside, just had to replace the 48mm M12 glass with a plain one.

Daijoubu

n3wb
Reaction score
One more thing, is this module capabable of switching between day and night mode without a CDS?
I tried to set the min shutter speed for night mode but it seems to be always in daytime mode from my test

Daijoubu

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok so I reapplied some thermal tape but it didnt fix the issue but I'm not sure if it's my sample, I will retest when I get my 2 other modules that I've ordered.

I was able to narrow down the conditions when these compression artifacts occurs in the main stream, if happens when the sub stream is set to 720x480 H.265 30 fps, 640x360 15 fps is better but still not without issues.
So I have to set my substream to H.264.

Also I'm having logic problems with the soft photoresistive day/night mode, it seems to only switch to night mode if it's dark enough (IRCut set to auto/day sensitivity - or timing), lighting set to IR only AND "turned on"

Otherwise when it's in color/white light, it forces daytime mode.
If you force it out of the way, it will loop between color and B&W or the sensor output gets garbled.

Daijoubu

n3wb
Reaction score
So I got 2 other MC-K45 modules, they all have H.265 encoding problems, what settings are you using?
H.264 seems fine

I have it set to 2688x1520 CBR 6Mbps 30 fps with iframe every 30 frames.
Tried lower fps and higher iframe interval, VBR but it will always glitch up

ipcamuser11

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So I got 2 other MC-K45 modules, they all have H.265 encoding problems, what settings are you using?
H.264 seems fine

sorry I don't owe this camera anymore, I don't know what settings I was using

msecure

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
H.264 seems fine

i am using h.265+, what's your issue? PM me I can port forward my cam to let you try.

Attachments

Daijoubu

n3wb
Reaction score
i am using h.265+, what's your issue? PM me I can port forward my cam to let you try.
Is H.265+ compatible with a Synology NAS? My modules came with latest firmware version 3.2.2.2 maybe I can try to downgrade to previous one.