Review-Dahua/EmpireTech Dual lens IPC-HDBW5441F-AS-E2 (The Boobie Cam Upgrade)

thomas-nau

n3wb
Reaction score
Window Start menu, scroll down.

View attachment 130807
Oh, thanks, would have never checked there.
Followed your advise. I removed the two installed plugins, restarted Chrome with IE-Tabs, cleared all history, rebooted cam and restarted the browser.
Now I logged in but didn't load the plugin so no picture yet. Rebooted the cam and restarted the browser.
Logged in again and opted to download and run the plugin in life view to get the life stream. I allowed execution when prompted. The life stream
shows but the config went bad again. No IVS for channel #2

thomas-nau

n3wb
Reaction score
An update...

I upgraded to the latest available firmware version provided by Dahuas website and the problem
is gone now. However I unfortunately made two changes. The upgrade and the naming of the IVS
areas and tripwire rules. I left it with the defaults while I usually do rename them such as "IVS-1-ZZ".
@EMPIRETECANDY if you don't mind making the previous firmware available I will happily go back
and double check to help fixing the problem.

For now I run the January '22 build

Screenshot at 2022-06-16 11-38-31.png

thomas-nau

n3wb
Reaction score
Why update to dahua fw, their official fw has bugs and not support smart IR. Download it here.
IPC-HDBW5441F-AS-E2 Dual Lens Smart IR FW. | IP Cam Talk
I run your software on all other cams but to get closer to the root cause of my above mentioned problem
I just wanted to double check. From @looney2ns posted screenshot I got the impression he's running the
Dahua firmware too as the device string starts with DH vs IPC on mine.

I will downgrade to your, thanks for providing the link BTW, and report back.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I run your software on all other cams but to get closer to the root cause of my above mentioned problem
I just wanted to double check. From @looney2ns posted screenshot I got the impression he's running the
Dahua firmware too as the device string starts with DH vs IPC on mine.

I will downgrade to your, thanks for providing the link BTW, and report back.
When he tested this camera, there is no smart ir firmware. So he used default dahua fw

thomas-nau

n3wb
Reaction score
When he tested this camera, there is no smart ir firmware. So he used default dahua fw
Ah, thanks.

So here's another update. I followed the update procedure Wildcat_1 recommends and moved to the
firmware @EMPIRETECANDY provided. I also uninstalled the plugins and cleared the browser cache.
After manually setting up everything the same way as in the morning with the Dahua firmware the
problem is back. A reboot causes the IVS rules of channel #2 to go away while loading the saved backup
brings them back immediately. As with the DH firmware trial I did NOT rename the IVS rules this time.

Andy, besides the Smart-IR feature what are other bugs which might be a show-stopper when using
the DH firmware? I have Smart-IR disabled as BLC gets me the best night vision so far. With streetlights
being on it's the only setting I found to make the cam stay in color mode.
Of course Blue Iris's motion detection can replace IVS in my setup but I'm uncertain if more setting
might be dropped. Thanks for your support!

cams2007

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I seem to be having the same problem with the ivs settings from channel 2 disappearing and then when clicking on the + to add them back nothing happens. I clicked on default and it allowed me to add the rule but then when I clicked save it says save failed. I haven't upgraded firmware yet but wondering if upgrading to the link provided by Andy @EMPIRETECANDY a couple posts up will help resolve the issue. Also tried resetting to defaults except address and users but when trying to import settings it says failed.

Last edited:

thomas-nau

n3wb
Reaction score
I seem to be having the same problem with the ivs settings from channel 2 disappearing and then when clicking on the + to add them back nothing happens. I clicked on default and it allowed me to add the rule but then when I clicked save it says save failed. I haven't upgraded firmware yet but wondering if upgrading to the link provided by Andy @EMPIRETECANDY a couple posts up will help resolve the issue. Also tried resetting to defaults except address and users but when trying to import settings it says failed.
I went to the Dahua January '22 firmware and then back to the one Andy provided. A reboot doesn't impact the IVS settings with the Dahua
one, however Andy pointed out there are other bugs. For now I'm back to the one he provided and deal with the problem in two ways.
First, reloading the saved config right after a reboot works for be and brings IVS back.
In case of an unexpected reboot I built a safety net using Blue Iris. I setup similar IVS areas with it's motion detection. Works well as far
as I can tell after a few days.

cams2007

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Mine still has the firmware it was shipped with, debating on upgrading to the firmware posted above by Andy. As mentioned though when trying to import the settings back in it gives a message that says Operate Failed!

thomas-nau

n3wb
Reaction score
Odd... In theory re-flashing shouldn't make a difference but might be worth trying. Of course takes a while to get all settings
back in. For me loading works without error message BUT I found another setting, related to shutter, whichsxeems to
have changed unexpectedly too. will give both firmwares another try over the next weekend

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
We see lots of in theory and reality be two different things with these types of cameras.

cams2007

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Clicking the default button on the ivs page allows the plus sign to work and add a rule but still won't save. Trying to avoid resetting to factory defaults as use a different address scheme and running cables to use a poe injector is a bit of a pain. Tried resetting the to default for the whole cam and it will allow redoing the settings and they save but won't allow importing settings.

thomas-nau

n3wb
Reaction score
My home network uses the 192.168.2.0/24 subnet while the default Dahua IP is in the 192.168.1.0/24 one. I just added another IP to my PC which is located there so e.g. 192.168.2.2 and 192.168.1.2. This allows me to access the cam after a factory reset without leaving my chair :)
Maybe a similar setup works for you too

walkjp1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can we talk about different sized Boobies? I close lens and 1 far? I think it might be nice to get 2 different views from 1 camera.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Can we talk about different sized Boobies? I close lens and 1 far? I think it might be nice to get 2 different views from 1 camera.
You can change the lens in one of the cams, it has been done....no plastic surgeon needed. :cool:
Lens are available on Ebay or Aliexpress. You need to get the correct mounting size.

walkjp1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can change the lens in one of the cams, it has been done....no plastic surgeon needed. :cool:
Lens are available on Ebay or Aliexpress. You need to get the correct mounting size.
Great, Thank you. I wonder if Andy would supply lens.

railcam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi we have just taken delivery of one of these cameras and using a PF203 bracket, Has anyone found the issue that when mounted in the correct orientation using the PF203 bracket and iusing the 2nd substream in "horizontal stitched" mode the image from the right hand side of the camera appears in the left hand area and the image on the left hand side of the camera appears in the right side. I can see why it happens as in this orientation lens 1 is to the right with lens 2 to the left, But on screen cam1 image is to the left as you would expect.