Review- Dahua/EmpireTech IPC-EW5541-AS 5mp Fisheye Cam

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Courtesy of @EMPIRETECANDY we have the Wizmind 5mp Fisheye Camera to check out.

It can be purchased Here: Aliexpress or here: Amazon

5MP WizMind IR Fisheye Network CAMERA
5MP, 1/2.7” CMOS image sensor, low illuminance, high image definition
Outputs max. 5MP (2592 × 1944) @25/30 fps
H.265 codec, high compression rate, ultra-low bit rate
Built-in efficient IR illuminator, and the max. illumination distance: 10 m
ROI, SMART H.264+/H.265+, flexible coding, applicable to various bandwidth and storage environments
120dB WDR, 3D DNR, HLC, BLC, digital watermarking, applicable to various monitoring scenes
Intelligent detection: Intrusion, tripwire, people counting in area
Abnormality detection: Motion detection, video tampering, scene changing, audio detection, no SD card, SD card full, SD card error, network disconnection, IP conflict, illegal access, and voltage detection
Alarm: 1 in, 1 out; audio: 1 in, 1 out; supports max. 256 G Micro SD card, built-in Mic
Image Sensor1/2.7" 5Megapixel progressive CMOS
Max. Resolution2592 (H) × 1944 (V)
ROM128 MB
RAM512 MB
Scanning SystemProgressive
Electronic Shutter SpeedAuto/Manual 1/3 s–1/100,000 s
Min. Illumination0.006 Lux@F2.0 (Color, 30IRE)
0.0006 Lux@F2.0 (B/W, 30IRE)
0 Lux (Illuminator on)
S/N Ratio> 56 dB
Illumination Distance10 m (32.8 ft)
Illuminator On/Off ControlAuto/Manual
Illuminator Number3 (IR LED)

Full Spec Sheet here: Link
Manual here: Link

PXL_20220520_201745527.jpg PXL_20220520_201718293.jpg PXL_20220520_201709267.jpg PXL_20220520_201636663.jpg PXL_20220520_201625762.jpg PXL_20220520_201611952.jpg

It can be mounted either on the ceiling, a wall or upside down looking up, install orientation can be chose in the setup gui for the cam.

If mounted on the ceiling or wall, you have two options, mount the removable mounting plate first, then snap the cam onto the plate, and twist to lock in place.

Or as the right picture shows, you can use a threaded rod or other fixture, this would be used to lower the cam down from high ceilings or other optimal mounting height options.

I have this camera mounted at 7'6" from my garage floor. The room is 18' left to right, and 21' from front to back.
This cam would be very useful in a store or other indoor space.

The camera works as it should with Blue Iris, you can dewarp in a variety of ways when exporting video from BI. You can't dewarp in live view with BI.

You can see each example in the 3 below videos.

This is with no Dewarp applied.

Same video with panorama applied.

This is with Hemisphere applied.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Hey Looney thanks for posting.
Is this dewarping feature something not seen in previous models?
Or is it only available using a Dahua NVR? or are you using with BI?
(edit) Nevermind. i saw your dewarp info above.

Last edited:

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks @looney2ns
Attention this fisyeye is not waterproof, so can't expose to the rain.
It's bit good for business place like shop or office using as a overview camera.

Last time a guy ask this question, could you please help check? @looney2ns
''It doesn't look like these cameras have onboard dewarping function or the ability to send separate dewarped streams to BI. It appears that BI can provide a dewarped panoramic view during playback, but it can't dewarp the live stream or export a dewarped clip.''

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
More information on the Dewarping abilities of this cam.

As per the question above:
1-It does not send dewarped streams to BI.
2-Bi can't dewarp the live view, but it can export a dewarped clip as I did above.

Using the cams web interface, It can be dewarped and viewed during both a live view, and from video recorded to the cameras SD card, while reviewing the video as shown in the video below. You MUST install the plugin from the camera for this to work.

I do not have a current Dahua NVR to test it's ability on that. It doesn't play nice with the NVR's I do have, which the newest one is now over 3yrs old.
I assume that with the proper current NVR, that the dewarping would work similar as to what I show in the video, but I don't know that for a fact.

D0T-C0M

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a small chicken coop 4'(l) x 5'(w) x 4'(h) , if I put this camera on the ceiling will I see everything from the ceiling to the floor? It's really too bad the camera doesn't stream de-warped video to BlueIris because the camera interface looks awesome de-warped.