Review-Dahua/EmpireTech new doorbell cam Db6l 5mp

XrayDoc88

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just bought the Dahua version of this doorbell. I know I have to install it using DMSS, but which one in the Google Play store? There is DMSS, gDMSSPlus, gDMSS Lite, DMSS HD, gDMSS HD, gDMSS Lite, plus a Dahua Camera app. The ones called just DMSS don't even list Dahua as the publisher. Thanks!

XrayDoc88

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks green1. Once the doorbell is configured, can I uninstall the app? I won't use it for monitoring or notifications and it gets horrible recent reviews. I plan on adding the doorbell to Blue Iris.

green1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks green1. Once the doorbell is configured, can I uninstall the app? I won't use it for monitoring or notifications and it gets horrible recent reviews. I plan on adding the doorbell to Blue Iris.
After setup, the app is only needed for 2-way voice communication. Everything else can be done in other ways.
I've left it installed for that reason, but I have all the camera streams going through Frigate and notifications from Home Assistant.
If you have no use for 2-way voice, then you don't need the app. Though an argument could be made that without 2-way voice there are other, better, cameras instead of a doorbell one.

XrayDoc88

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you have no use for 2-way voice, then you don't need the app. Though an argument could be made that without 2-way voice there are other, better, cameras instead of a doorbell one.
This is true. But the doorbell cam should give great facial views since it is mounted lower and is more attractive than a turret at 6-7 feet. :) Thanks for your help!

AP514

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes yes yes, this is the one I've been waiting on. I (stupidly?) only told the builder to run Cat6 out to the doorbell, no 2-wire. Oops.
Break 2 wires out of the CAT 6....I Beleive POE+Data does not use all the wires......

I can not wiat for the Review ! !

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
For me I already have BI mobile so would want it to integrate with that rather than having to use an additional app....
If it can come in to BI, I don't see why it wouldn't be able to do that with the BI mobile - all my cams that have two-way capability I am able to do thru the app.

dok0619

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If it can come in to BI, I don't see why it wouldn't be able to do that with the BI mobile - all my cams that have two-way capability I am able to do thru the app.
wasnt sure since its a doorbell cam and not a regular cam....