Review-Dahua Hi-fidelity Sound Pickup

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So this is my email from Andy when I bought it,

IPC-HDBW5631R-ZE is better, using new tech and has sharper pics than the 4mp day and night. This one has audio in/out, just add a voice pick up, then can make it work out.
Post a clear picture of just the camera's wiring pig tail.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No idea what this black connection is for in my hand ‍♂ 12v supply possibly?

They have made some massive changes to their connection process in that cam.
In the pic below, The one I marked 1- is the ethernet connection/POE jack.
The one marked 2, is for 12vdc, IF you are not using POE to power the cam, don't use both at the same time.
Audio.png

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just saw your latest pic, the black connector would be an adapter to change the connection from a 12vdc power supply from just having wires from the PS, to the standard plug.

eleV^te79

n3wb
Reaction score
Just saw your latest pic, the black connector would be an adapter to change the connection from a 12vdc power supply from just having wires from the PS, to the standard plug.
So it has audio option internal in the camera but how do you make that work with the Dahua sound pick up? Hmmmm

eleV^te79

n3wb
Reaction score
They have made some massive changes to their connection process in that cam.
In the pic below, The one I marked 1- is the ethernet connection/POE jack.
The one marked 2, is for 12vdc, IF you are not using POE to power the cam, don't use both at the same time.
View attachment 39940
Only using Poe

pinko

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks for the review @looney2ns . I was wondering how these stacked up against the MicroSeven Bullet Mics.
Looking at two new models HAP201 vs HAP301 only difference is case material metal vs ABS. The sound in your videos sounded much better than my M7.
I guess my location has a lot more exposure to wind, which makes a huge difference.
bulletmic.png

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the review @looney2ns . I was wondering how these stacked up against the MicroSeven Bullet Mics.
Looking at two new models HAP201 vs HAP301 only difference is case material metal vs ABS. The sound in your videos sounded much better than my M7.
I guess my location has a lot more exposure to wind, which makes a huge difference.
View attachment 45205
First, they are intended for indoor usage. In my test's, it seemed a wash. I have two M7's, and have been extremely happy with them, as long as you get a good power supply that doesn't cause any hum.