Review-Dahua IPC-K42A 4mp Indoor Cube cam 2.8mm

Evelyn82

n3wb
Reaction score
I have this IPC-K42A and it works well.
But, on DMSS, when I want to watch the "packed" files recorded as in with the playback feature (one each 20 minutes is the setting) [see pictures], it always gives the "Failed connection" error.
It does work well with viewing "Live", instant alarm messages videos, full stream playback...

I attach the video and recording pack setting + the DMSS pack screen I am referring to in case it wasnt clear.... well if anyone can help :)

Attachments

rios

n3wb
Reaction score
Blue Iris finds the onvif port as 8999.
Oh good to know thank you! I was able to connect via Home Assistant directly using ONVIF using port 80 which is weird. It has worked "ok" but I may try to reconnect using that port and see what happens just in case others here are using HA directly for sensors and such.

rios

n3wb
Reaction score
@looney2ns 1 more question, do you know if this camera allows you to fetch the main stream directly? I have tried using wireshark (I don't have BI) and I am unable to identify how to directly tap into the specific stream.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@looney2ns 1 more question, do you know if this camera allows you to fetch the main stream directly? I have tried using wireshark (I don't have BI) and I am unable to identify how to directly tap into the specific stream.
This URL below works with VLC and everything after "554" is the correct path for the mainstream in Blue Iris. NOTE: Be sure to use TWO "/ " after "RTSP:", as the forum software won't allow me to post the 2 correctly. Of course, put in the correct cam's username, password and IP address:

Code:
rtsp:/camera-user:camera-password@camera-IP:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0
That being said, with Blue Iris if you put in a Dahua camera's IP address, username and password, then click on "Find/Inspect", BI should properly populate the URL and path.

EDIT: In the URL, if you change "subtype=0" to "subtype=1", the sub stream, not the main stream, will be displayed

rios

n3wb
Reaction score
This URL below works with VLC and everything after "554" is the correct path for the mainstream in Blue Iris. NOTE: Be sure to use TWO "/ " after "RTSP:", as the forum software won't allow me to post the 2 correctly. Of course, put in the correct cam's username, password and IP address:

Code:
rtsp:/camera-user:camera-password@camera-IP:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0
That being said, with Blue Iris if you put in a Dahua camera's IP address, username and password, then click on "Find/Inspect", BI should properly populate the URL and path.

EDIT: In the URL, if you change "subtype=0" to "subtype=1", the sub stream, not the main stream, will be displayed
THANK YOU! I did find a link to this later somewhere else, but this helps a lot!

rios

n3wb
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to trigger the siren? I can't figure this out.

NVM I figured it out!

Last edited:

Kevin Doe

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Is it normal to see a dim red light when the IR emitters turn on? This is my first camera with IR.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
What is the default IP address? I just picked up one of these and can't come up with a good IP for it. I would have thought 192.168.1.108, but it's a no-go.

Kevin Doe

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I see that Dahua is listing this camera as discontinued. Does anyone know if there is something similar but updated that they replaced it with? Looking for a small POE indoor camera with IR like this one.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I see that Dahua is listing this camera as discontinued. Does anyone know if there is something similar but updated that they replaced it with? Looking for a small POE indoor camera with IR like this one.
Available here: 4MP POE IR Fixed-Focal IP Mini Cube Camera IPC-K42A - IP Cam Talk Store or here

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Kevin Doe

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I know that they are still available for purchase. I was more wondering if there was something new and improved that I could purchase instead.