Review-Dahua SD42212T-HN 2mp Starlight 12x PTZ

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So this allows external microphone input, why the bare wire over RCA? That zoom is impressive
Yes, audio in and out, plus alarms in and out.
You'd have to ask Dahua about why the bare wires. It depends on the models whether you get bare wires or an RCA jack.
Bare wires are easily solved. https://www.amazon.com/Conwork-6-Pack-Terminal-Connector-Adapter/dp/B01L6GUCRC?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_6&th=1
Actually, bare wires, some solder and heat shrink tubing will last much longer when used outdoors.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

jon2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi looney2ns
I know it's been a while since you made this post but in your view how does this mini ptz compare to other mini ptz's including other brands you may have come across. a purchase is very close to been made. it might even be done by the time a reply come's the time zones are very different,,

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi looney2ns
I know it's been a while since you made this post but in your view how does this mini ptz compare to other mini ptz's including other brands you may have come across. a purchase is very close to been made. it might even be done by the time a reply come's the time zones are very different,,
I think it is a great camera, all around. Had no issue's with it over several weeks of use.

jon2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I think it is a great camera, all around. Had no issue's with it over several weeks of use.
Thank-you i went ahead and got one it was a price i couldn't turn down. it should be with me in a few days time so i may have a few set up questions for you,

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yep, appreciate the thought. We're good. Gonna go up to Lake County tomorrow and board up Mom's place and bring her and the cat down here. At least we have cinder block construction and a beefy generator, and great neighbors. Stocked up well enough for 2 weeks+ if we need to. ( that reminds me, I might should get one more bottle of Basil Hayden's for medicinal use ;)

We will lose power, ours is underground but were connected on a circuit with a street two over that is in the air. Lots of 80-100ft oaks that love power leads.

Hopefully I can get some good footage for you guys!

jon2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I hope your all safe and haven't suffered any damage with the storm.. now a quick question is this ptz a ip camera. or do i need a nvr to view this camera.

jon2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thankyou aristobrat. all sorted and working now quite easy really i was just having a senior moment. i just have to put it in place now . it seems to be a cracking little camera. i need to sort some audio out for it ,

jon2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi Looney2ns i know you said you had trouble with the focus beyond 9-10 ia'm having the same problem i have to manually focus it . did you find a solution to this problem i have it set to auto focus. any other settings that will help resolve the focus issue,

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Looney2ns i know you said you had trouble with the focus beyond 9-10 ia'm having the same problem i have to manually focus it . did you find a solution to this problem i have it set to auto focus. any other settings that will help resolve the focus issue,
It is all dependent on what you are zoomed into. Meaning it does a better job at focusing if the subject fills the majority of the field of view.
Hopefully a firmware update will improve this issue.

jon2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It is all dependent on what you are zoomed into. Meaning it does a better job at focusing if the subject fills the majority of the field of view.
Hopefully a firmware update will improve this issue.
it might be ok when i set it up outside. ia'm just messing around with it indoors before i put it in place. this is the version i have i.m a bit wary of firmware upgrades .
System Version2.623.0000000.7.R, Build Date: 2018-11-24

DRZmaui

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
does this camera Auto track? Or, is there any dome PTZ that auto track?

jon2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If anyone is interested the person i got mine of as another one on ebay this is in the uk but you could grab a great cam at a bargain price,
Dahua PTZ DH-SD42212T-HN | eBay

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

c.grex

n3wb
Reaction score
As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.