Review - Dahua SD49225XA-HNR 2MP 25x Starlight + IR PTZ AI Camera with Deep IVS & SMD Plus

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Same as mine, needs more power than what he gets from the nvr.
midspan will work if more power is needed.
@EMPIRETECANDY has it on Amazon.
This one normally use for the 4MP/4K /Hi poe PTZ which has fantastic data transferring and strong power, his camera is a normal lite POE+ cam, :D

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

cams2007

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
update: removed everything from the poe switch except for the camera as mentioned ealier. has been good since. Andy also remoted in and double checked the settings out just to be sure, outstanding service!!!! trying to avoid buying an extra device unless necessary as this is only a temporary testing setup. it will be permanently installed running on a netgear GC510PP. does anyone have one of these switches or know if it will be sufficient? looking at the specs it should be good but would also like to know if anyone has any experience with this switch?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
update: removed everything from the poe switch except for the camera as mentioned ealier. has been good since. Andy also remoted in and double checked the settings out just to be sure, outstanding service!!!! trying to avoid buying an extra device unless necessary as this is only a temporary testing setup. it will be permanently installed running on a netgear GC510PP. does anyone have one of these switches or know if it will be sufficient? looking at the specs it should be good but would also like to know if anyone has any experience with this switch?
It's a nice small powerful switch, i recommend also can be very reliable. ;)

rahhazar

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have on of those, got from amazon, works great with a year warranty from netgear.

cams2007

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have on of those, got from amazon, works great with a year warranty from netgear.
i've had mine for a year. it runs all the cameras on it great so far. are you running this camera on it?

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
The SD49225XA-HNR requires the below power.

Power
Power SupplyDC 12V/3A
PoE+ (802.3at)
Power Consumption13W
22W (IR on)
Your D-Link DGS-1008P/E Supports up to 52 Watts across 4 PoE ports and up to 15.4 watts per port for individual usage which is not sufficient to run this camera.

I run mine with the below Tenda POE and NEVER had any problems confirmed over a 12 month period.

CONCLUSION:
Buy a bigger POE supply like the one below you should be ok and all your problems solved and no need to spend any more.

Tenda POE30G-AT 30 W IEEE802.3 Gigabit PoE Injector, power distance extension of up to 100 meters for standard cat. 5e and cat. 6 Ethernet cable , Plug and play, no any configuration required,: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

cams2007

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The SD49225XA-HNR requires the below power.

Power
Power SupplyDC 12V/3A
PoE+ (802.3at)
Power Consumption13W
22W (IR on)
Your D-Link DGS-1008P/E Supports up to 52 Watts across 4 PoE ports and up to 15.4 watts per port for individual usage which is not sufficient to run this camera.

I run mine with the below Tenda POE and NEVER had any problems confirmed over a 12 month period.

CONCLUSION:
Buy a bigger POE supply like the one below you should be ok and all your problems solved and no need to spend any more.

Tenda POE30G-AT 30 W IEEE802.3 Gigabit PoE Injector, power distance extension of up to 100 meters for standard cat. 5e and cat. 6 Ethernet cable , Plug and play, no any configuration required,: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories
excellent. thank you for the confirmation. this is only temporary setup that was basically just to set up the ip address and do a quick test on some settings but ran into the funny issues. it will be running on a netgear GC510PP, i'm hoping that should be able to do it. if that is not sufficient i will most likely purchase a switch or injector from Andy.

Cecko1990

n3wb
Reaction score
hi i want to ask for sure if this camera model Dahua SD49225XA-HNR 2MP
has auto tracking and IVS Al intelligence I want to buy this model so I'm not sure if they had those features???

Cecko1990

n3wb
Reaction score
thank you very much it means there may be those options and does auto tracking and car tracking work well i am afraid not to follow other objects like trees such things thanks in advance ??

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Auto tracking will never be perfect but mine works really well at just following people and cars not tree's by mistake and as long as you understand this then it should serve it's sole purpose to ONLY follow ( track ) cars or people or both.

Cecko1990

n3wb
Reaction score
I wanted to ask that because I have small trees and I am afraid he will lie to the camera as if he were a human ☹