Review - Dahua SD49225XA-HNR 2MP 25x Starlight + IR PTZ AI Camera with Deep IVS & SMD Plus

danimal86

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
We have SD4922 installed, but would like to have a PTZ with a wider FOV on the wider end. Is there anyting you guys can recommend?
Like @ljw2k said, adding fixed cameras that act as spotter cameras is the best way.

When the spotters see motion, they tell the ptz to look in that direction. Works pretty well.

SageTX

n3wb
Reaction score
I cant get Track Time to be anything other than 15 seconds. Anything I set it to, hit save, save succesful, it always goes back to 15 seconds. Ive Tries Google Chrome and Edge and IE. Any tips??Track Time.png

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
It only works with Internet Explorer.
For me, IE does not work anymore in Windows 11. I'm stuck now with 15 sec.

SageTX

n3wb
Reaction score
I guess i didn't try IE. Thanks. Saved now.

Weird how all the other options will save in other browsers.

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
In Windows 10 it works, but not on Windows 11.
IE is gone in Windows 11.
Hopefully a fix comes but the firmware update to fix it will probably cause another issue like remove tracking. I’m going to save an image of win 10 with IE to fire up in a VM if they ever pull IE completely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
To fix EDGE I stole this from another wab site...

In Edge, click the three dots (ellipsis) in the top right hand corner,

then select Settings, then select Default Browser.

There is then a heading "Let Internet Explorer open sites in Microsoft Edge". In my case this had been switched to 'Always' - I switched it to 'Never' even though this isn't the recommended setting.

Then I closed Edge and opened Internet Explorer without issue.

OR.....

opened up edge first. Go to settings on the right top. Scroll down to the settings again on the drop down. When that comes up you'll see on the left of the screen a few different options. I believe the 7th one down is the option Default Browser. Click on that and on the right side a few options will come up. On the second option down it'll give you a choice to allow edge to open and all IE, or only when the IE can't open a page, and Edge can always open even if you click on IE. I put mine on only if IE can't open the page. Then I restarted my laptop. It now works with no issues.

I just fixed mine again this A.M.

1dodosn

n3wb
Reaction score
To fix EDGE I stole this from another wab site...

In Edge, click the three dots (ellipsis) in the top right hand corner,

then select Settings, then select Default Browser.

There is then a heading "Let Internet Explorer open sites in Microsoft Edge". In my case this had been switched to 'Always' - I switched it to 'Never' even though this isn't the recommended setting.

Then I closed Edge and opened Internet Explorer without issue.

OR.....

opened up edge first. Go to settings on the right top. Scroll down to the settings again on the drop down. When that comes up you'll see on the left of the screen a few different options. I believe the 7th one down is the option Default Browser. Click on that and on the right side a few options will come up. On the second option down it'll give you a choice to allow edge to open and all IE, or only when the IE can't open a page, and Edge can always open even if you click on IE. I put mine on only if IE can't open the page. Then I restarted my laptop. It now works with no issues.

I just fixed mine again this A.M.
I just tried this and am getting inconsistent results with some cameras opening ok and others not. I am totally frustrated with Dahau right now and this insane "IE Only" interface. It wouldnt bother me if I could get to all my camera settings from my Dahau NVR but there appears to be some settings like Time Task that just arent available any other way.

1dodosn

n3wb
Reaction score
Download pale moon and try that.
Thanks for the Pale Moon suggestion. It worked like a charm! I am still concerned about Dahau's crappy support of modern browsers for their cameras. On a related note, why doesnt Dahua's NVR allowed me to access ALL setttings in my SD49225XA. It seems ridiculous that have to use a certain browser and say magic words to access these settings. They should all be accessible via my NVR.

gansle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hopefully Dahua figures something out before 6/22/22 when Microsoft shuts down IE. as of now I cant access cams through Edge. I know Andy said they are working on it!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the Pale Moon suggestion. It worked like a charm! I am still concerned about Dahau's crappy support of modern browsers for their cameras. On a related note, why doesnt Dahua's NVR allowed me to access ALL setttings in my SD49225XA. It seems ridiculous that have to use a certain browser and say magic words to access these settings. They should all be accessible via my NVR.
Access the NVR GUI by going to a computer and opening up a browser (preferably Internet Explorer but Pale Moon will work as well) and type in the IP address of the NVR and login that way. Next go into the camera settings page on the NVR and look for the Microsoft e Web Browser and select it and it will go to the camera GUI (photo credit bigredfish from his PSA thread). Your screen may look a little different to get into the camera gui and see if doing it this way gets you access to some other features the NVR is blocking - do not worry about the Port number and circle as that was from another issue someone posted.

Simply select the blue IE icon and it will go to the camera GUI and from there you can set the camera parameters.

1642629291451.png

1dodosn

n3wb
Reaction score
Access the NVR GUI by going to a computer and opening up a browser (preferably Internet Explorer but Pale Moon will work as well) and type in the IP address of the NVR and login that way. Next go into the camera settings page on the NVR and look for the Microsoft e Web Browser and select it and it will go to the camera GUI (photo credit bigredfish from his PSA thread). Your screen may look a little different to get into the camera gui and see if doing it this way gets you access to some other features the NVR is blocking - do not worry about the Port number and circle as that was from another issue someone posted.

Simply select the blue IE icon and it will go to the camera GUI and from there you can set the camera parameters.

View attachment 116084
Thanks -- that exactly how I usually access the cameras. My problem with this is that Dahua has configuration parameters stored in the camera, not in the NVR. Totally bad architecture.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am fully aware that the camera has configuration parameters stored on it and that is why we recommend setting up all the parameters within the camera and not the NVR.

So you are telling me that you go to the e browser from that screen above and you then do not see all the parameters within the camera or you do see those but your preference would be to just be able to set them all at the NVR level and not have to go to the camera level?

Squigz

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm sure it's been suggested before (and I don't have Win 11 so cannot test), but does firefox or chrome with an IE tab (extension / addon) work?