REVIEW - Dahua Ultra AI SD8A840WA-HNF 4K 40x PTZ

Reaction score

msp116

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Any chance anybody can post how to set up IVS/Tripwire on this camera? Been playing with it but cant seem to get it to work....I've watched as many YouTube videos as I can find but no luck.....I can set up the rule on preset 1 I.E. the greenline, save it but when I go to live the rule doesn't appear?.....ant help is appreciated...Tks

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
First, I'd suggest using Internet Explorer, available in Win10 by by typing "explorer" in the search bar. The shut off all motion detection including SMD. Then select IVS for the mode. The create the intrusion box and be sure to leave some space around the edges so that the camera can actually "see" the object enter or exit the zone. You can also set it for people or vehicles before hitting "save".

sam10693

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I’ve got a couple of these Cameras, DH-SD8A840WA-HNF that I cannot upgrade the firmware to, dahua UK firmware wont work and Dahua UK technical can’t find on system, any chance you guys have a copy of the firmware?

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I’ve got a couple of these Cameras, DH-SD8A840WA-HNF that I cannot upgrade the firmware to, dahua UK firmware wont work and Dahua UK technical can’t find on system, any chance you guys have a copy of the firmware?
where were these purchased?

sam10693

n3wb
Reaction score
where were these purchased?
Now you’re asking! I’m not the original purchaser so I couldn’t tell you. I know they came as part of a Job lot of equipment, I'm based in the UK. Dahua Uk support couldn’t find the serial number on their system and said they could be import versions if that helps?