Review: EZVIZ DB1C

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'd like to integrate my DB1C into my homeassistant setup, and have discovered the Sage Zigbee Doorbell Sensor, which is designed to connect to the Trans/Front/Rear terminals on a doorbell. I use the Ezviz wireless chime so have my DB1C connected directly to a 12V DC transformer. Could anyone advise on how/if I can insert the Sage Sensor into this setup?
For example, could I simply connect its Front and Trans connectors inline with one of the wires from my existing transformer to the DB1C?
Here are some Threads that will help you from our Doorbell 101...

⦁ Sage Sensor - TechBill - alexdelprete - TechBill - Techbill's Forum/Thread (Sage with SmartThings)

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks for the links. Unfortunately I couldn't find an answer to my question from any of them :0(
Found the post where someone installed the sage sensor without the chime ..

@alexdelprete used both inline fuse and powerkit to substitute for chime

Honesty87

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes with RTSP, I don't have the DB1C, but the Generation before this, since they are Hikvision Doorbells you should be able to follow our DB1 Streaming instructions from our DOORBELL101
Since this Doorbell does not support ONVIF, you will need to enter the below RTSP URL...Getting your Doorbell to work first in VLC is usually suggested that way you know you have the right info for your NVR...

STREAMING VIDEO TIPS (Thanks - JSnP):

1576764779744.png

NOTE: "<username>" is admin, "<password>" is the "Verification Code" on the back of your Doorbell (Usually 6 Capital Characters), "<IP Address>" is your Doorbell's IP Address.
(One way to find your Doorbell's "<IP Address>" is by looking up your Doorbell's MAC address in your router.)

COPY/PASTE:
rxxp:/admin:<Enter password>@<Enter IP Address>:554/Streaming/Channels/101
(Change rxxp to rtsp)

⦁ RTSP Streaming for Blue Iris (BI) Add new camera / Find/inspect... (Use ONVIF)
⦁ RTSP Streaming for NVR (Use ONVIF to find Doorbell and setup)
⦁ RTSP Streaming for NAS (Use ONVIF to find Doorbell and setup)
⦁ RTSP Streaming for VLC (VideoLAN Media Player) Under Media/Open Network Stream (Ctrl+N)...Enter your RTSP Link/Info for Live Video Stream

HTH
OMG I've actually done it. It actually works! Thank you! Haha. Yes!

I think it's actually recording too! Woo! Cheers again!

itm

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience of integrating the DB1C with Home Assistant, using the Sage Zigbee Doorbell Sensor? I have the sensor installed as per below. I'm using a Sonoff Zigbee Bridge with Tasmota firmware. I have ZHA integration installed on Home Assistant, and it discovered the Sage sensor as "sensor.echostar_bell_c1eed901_power". But when I set up an automation to respond to "First Button" pressed I get no response when I press the doorbell.
I know that Home Assistant and the Sage Sensor are a little niche for this thread, but was hoping that somebody out there might have tried something similar.
Has anyone managed to get this working?
DB1C with Sage and Transformer only.jpg

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience of integrating the DB1C with Home Assistant, using the Sage Zigbee Doorbell Sensor? I have the sensor installed as per below. I'm using a Sonoff Zigbee Bridge with Tasmota firmware. I have ZHA integration installed on Home Assistant, and it discovered the Sage sensor as "sensor.echostar_bell_c1eed901_power". But when I set up an automation to respond to "First Button" pressed I get no response when I press the doorbell.
I know that Home Assistant and the Sage Sensor are a little niche for this thread, but was hoping that somebody out there might have tried something similar.
Has anyone managed to get this working?
View attachment 98197

In your drawing, your transformer is only 12v 1A?

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Try this:

Guessing the yellow wire is for a second doorbell button.

Test the Sage Sensor's functions directly connected to the 12V power supply to see if triggers with the 12V.

If that works then your Sage sensor is working and it is not getting enough voltage from the current connections.

You can add a current sensor NC/NO switch which you would use to bring the 12V to the Sage sensor.

1 - put the current sensor on the 12V + side
2 - connect the 12V negative side to the Sage Sensor
3 - connect the 12v + side to one end of the current sensor switch
4 - connect the other end of the current sensor switch to the + side of the Sage sensor.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I do already use it with the Ezviz wireless chime (which works, but is very quiet). Given that, would I still need to reset it?
I believe so since you would need to select mechinial chime during the set up.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
So I do need to reset it?
To change chime type .. I believe so yes

We used to be able to change it via setting in app but now I think EZVIZ moved it into first time setup so to change it, it have to be hard reset and run setup again.

itm

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
To change chime type .. I believe so yes

We used to be able to change it via setting in app but now I think EZVIZ moved it into first time setup so to change it, it have to be hard reset and run setup again.
OK I did the reset, and selected mechanical chime this time, but I'm still not getting Zigbee alerts from the Sage Sensor :0(

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
OK I did the reset, and selected mechanical chime this time, but I'm still not getting Zigbee alerts from the Sage Sensor :0(
Didn't you see my second post? I meant to say Electronic Chime

Reset it again and select electronic chime

itm

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Uh-oh. The lights just went out on the DB1C - looks like it's dead. Could the switch to a mechanical chime setting without an actual mechanical chime have blown either the doorbell or the transformer?

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Uh-oh. The lights just went out on the DB1C - looks like it's dead. Could the switch to a mechanical chime setting without an actual mechanical chime have blown either the doorbell or the transformer?
That fuse would had protected it.

Try reset again.

itm

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK I just switched the transformer off/on and the DB1C came back to life. So I reset it again and selected electronic chime this time. Still no alerts from the Sage sensor.
I also can't get a video stream from the camera now - either when the doorbell is pressed or when it isn't. The doorbell press triggers the incoming call on the phone, but I get no video, If I try to access the camera stream from the app I get a "Loading....x%" message and then when it gets to 99% I get "Operation failed (245405)".
...and now the camera has gone dead again
???

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Try to pair the camera again with the EZViz app or remove the camera from the app and then add it again.

Did you test the Sage sensor for function with 12V?