Review: IDahua DH-ITC-437-PW6M-IZ-GN / LPR-437 - ALPR/ANPR - Traffic & Access Control Camera

quest100

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I am getting "The browser does not support plugin and the image cannot be displayed properly. try IE or Chrome 42 / firefox 52 or below". So i tried IE and firefox 52 and it still didnt show any photos when you click on a image entry.
Same problem. Live works fine, although only displays events since current login.
Screenshot 2023-06-26 at 10.51.45 AM.png

But search does not.
Screenshot 2023-06-26 at 10.44.10 AM.png

I have tried various browsers / modes on both Windows and Macs. Nothing works. Is there any way to directly mount the SD card on a computer, without pulling the card?

Screenshot 2023-06-26 at 10.59.18 AM.png

Timokreon

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I seem to have a new problem that has cropped up just this past week or so. Anytime it rains, at night, the camera keeps capturing an event.... even though a vehicle does not pass through.

The rain, reflection of the rain, seems to be causing this. Now why this problem has come up all of a sudden, I don't have an explanation. I haven't changed any settings, in fact I haven't changed anything for quite awhile.

Ideas, help?

Robert G.

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks @Wildcat_1 for the review. I had my cameras dialled in quite well, but with a few tweaks to levels you suggested I think it is a bit better now.

Does anyone else use the Advance section under Intelligent Analysis section? I use it to limit the plate patterns to accept and ignore everything else. Keeps my false positives way down. The documentation seems to change between firmware versions.

My current version does not show anything about pattern matching, but it is supported.

Robert G.

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thought I would make another post, a follow up to yesterdays.

This one is to SHOW OFF what these 2mp & 4mp cameras can do. Also, why do they not work in all cases?!?!?

Here are some snaps from tonight, this is the 4mp camera is taking photos from under the roof of a building - about 20ft off the ground. The distance to the license plates is an incredible distance of about 150(ish) ft away. The angle is not great either, which is why I have the camera pointed so far down the block.

But check out these captures!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

These are the best night images from an ALPR camera I have ever obtained.

Here are some snaps from my 2mp camera, which is about 115 ft to the plates - in the other direction down my street.

5.jpg

6.jpg

Impressive photos, impressive performance.

But not all is perfect. Some vehicles it just will not capture. The plates are 100% readable in my opinion. Take for example these shots I have extracted from the DVR. The camera totally captured NOTHING from this vehicle passing by. These images are great, but the vehicle drives past and the camera never saw a thing....

2023-08-13 15-04-28-516 ALPR South.jpg

2023-08-13 15-04-28-556 ALPR South.jpg

2023-08-13 15-04-28-596 ALPR South.jpg

2023-08-13 15-04-28-635 ALPR South.jpg

2023-08-13 15-04-28-676 ALPR South.jpg

Has anyone else notice that? Despite the plates being very high quality images no plate is captured. I know if I feed this stream into OpenALPR it would be have no problem at all recognising those images. Why is this camera missing them?

Attachments

Timokreon

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
To me, a rank amateur on this camera, Dahua needs to work on the firmware. I have problems with captures in snow/rain.
It occasionally misses a plate capture in perfect conditions, but most of those are the new plates, or they are covered with a plastic cover, etc..

quest100

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Has anyone else notice that? Despite the plates being very high quality images no plate is captured. I know if I feed this stream into OpenALPR it would be have no problem at all recognising those images. Why is this camera missing them?
My 437s might miss one cars a night. Usually it is a newer car with LED headlights. The light barely show up in the IR and the car appears as a black shadow. Apparently the camera does not start looking for a license plate until it sees motion and a vehicle. Just my guess.

I have two 437s located on top of a fence, pointed in opposite directions. In addition I have a Color-4k for capturing the cars in color at night. All cameras record 24/7 to Blue Iris. When I am reviewing traffic from the previous night I check for consistency between the cameras. Most often this means ignoring a false trigger due to bugs or wind blown bushes that show up on just one camera. If one of the cameras misses something important I can, with a little extra effort, retrieve the footage.

prsmith777

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Was trying to look at the manual and spec on Dahua site. Seems this camera has been pulled off their website. Is it discontinued?

@EMPIRETECANDY can you post the spec sheet and manual?

Billyjack5

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As someone who has run the 2mp 237 model of this camera for a couple years without problems, is there a reason to upgrade? I understand that the 437 has on board alerts for blacklisted plates, but I haven't seen it confirmed that it works reliably. I'd be inclined to upgrade if the alerts worked well.

Timokreon

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is Dahua no longer making the 237 or 437? Both are gone from their web site. Only one listed is the ITC413 series.

prsmith777

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is Dahua no longer making the 237 or 437? Both are gone from their web site. Only one listed is the ITC413 series.
I was wondering the same thing. The 437 is now back online. I did notice entire dahua site was offline for over a day about a week ago. I suspect they had lost data and are slowly trying to restore their website. No word from andy despite tagging him here.

Timokreon

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hey @Wildcat_1 Would you happen to have any tips/suggestions on getting false snap shots going off when it rains? Whenever it does rain, I'll get false positives every 30 seconds or so.

Or tips on color during night? I'm getting close but having a bit difficulty with front plates.

Also, Andy @EMPIRETECANDY is there an updated firmware for this camera, or one coming soon?
Thanks

Attachments

Last edited:

Timokreon

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Why are you trying to capture plates in color at night?

Your exposure time can be faster at night, in B&W and using the onboard infrared lighting.
As stated above, I am having problems with false captures during rain/snow, plus want to capture at night due to the new 3m plates that don't show up during IR. I can easily run 1/2,000 with IR, so no problems with speed.

Robert G.

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
As stated above, I am having problems with false captures during rain/snow, plus want to capture at night due to the new 3m plates that don't show up during IR. I can easily run 1/2,000 with IR, so no problems with speed.
Depending on your situation, you can define 'filters' to only capture plates that match a specific pattern.

For example, I use these:

p replace=I->1
p replace=O->0
p pattern=EENNNE
p pattern=NNNEEE
p pattern=EENNNN
p pattern=NNNNEE
p pattern=EEENNNN
P pattern=EENEEE

By limiting the patterns that can be matched, it greatly reduces the false positives.

Billyjack5

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm inclined to pick up a 437 to replace my 237 while the 437s are still available (doesn't seem to many other 50mm or long range options for these cams). A couple of questions for any 437 owners out there:
(1) can you send API commands to this cam using PTZ presets in Blue Iris like you can with the 237? For my 237,I push day and nighttime focus settings at sunrise and sunset and that is key to getting decent nighttime captures.

(2) does the onboard white list/blacklist feature work as intended?

(3) did your nighttime focus settings generally translate to the 437? I'm assuming some tweaking to the settings, but my 237 is pretty much perfectly dialed-in for my application and I'd like to be able not have to start from ground zero if possible.

Any info appreciated.