Review-I'll be the guinea pig for the new SD59225U-HNI PTZ.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
.For those of you that have seen @Cameraguy camera do so well with tracking, I believe it is because he doesn't have any visual obstacles that interrupt the view of the subject during tracking.

Like @CastleSurveillance and tracking his wife, I think it stopped on the tree that she walked past. This is the exact problem I've had with this camera. I've got too many trees for it to look at while tracking. I have no proof, just a thought.

And keep in mind,these are not designed with the average consumer in mind.

CastleSurveillance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yes, seem to work best that way, give it a try
I'm done with this thing. I just went to add another intrusion box and do the trip wires - I was setting up another preset, so it wasn't even in it's normal preset - and now it is constantly spinning in circles. it will not stop. it's been spinning for going on 2 min +

DRZmaui

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm done with this thing. I just went to add another intrusion box and do the trip wires - I was setting up another preset, so it wasn't even in it's normal preset - and now it is constantly spinning in circles. it will not stop. it's been spinning for going on 2 min +
try contacting Andy, seem there is a new software update. He is real good about responding (that is if you bought it from him). Good luck.

DRZmaui

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I believe loony said it best, PTZ is mostly a gimmick. Quite not ready for prime time. Think best to have just fixed cameras. Less frustration. For me this is mostly a hobby. Half the fun is tweaking the cameras.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
I guess you are right, there is only for up and down.
Did you try resetting the camera and start all over?

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just seen these recent damning posts for the 59225 auto tracking and couldn't resist chipping in with a few positives.
1. If you want to "see who did it and not just what happened", zooming in is probably necessary, especially when trying to identify someone who you don't know.
2. Tracking a moving object is likely to reduce motion blur.
3. The option of using at least, say 3 static cameras instead will use more CPU time and, especially when recording continuously, gobble the hard drive space.
4. My false auto tracks are not more than 1 in 5. I use a series of tripwires. These start well inside the field of view to give the moving object time to pick up when in the field of view and it seems to me that crossing several tripwires gives more zoom each time to help identification. See the pheasant youtube link example from yesterday - had that been the size of a distant person in a completely different application, the 15x zoom would have been very useful.
5. If standard video detection is also enabled, make sure the sensitivity is "0" and threshold is "100". If it's not, CastleSurveillance, perhaps continuous triggers are causing your roundabouts?

CastleSurveillance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just seen these recent damning posts for the 59225 auto tracking and couldn't resist chipping in with a few positives.
1. If you want to "see who did it and not just what happened", zooming in is probably necessary, especially when trying to identify someone who you don't know.
3. The option of using at least, say 3 static cameras instead will use more CPU time and, especially when recording continuously, gobble the hard drive space.
4. My false auto tracks are not more than 1 in 5. I use a series of tripwires. These start well inside the field of view to give the moving object time to pick up when in the field of view and it seems to me that crossing several tripwires gives more zoom each time to help identification. See the pheasant youtube link example from yesterday - had that been the size of a distant person in a completely different application, the 15x zoom would have been very useful.
5. If standard video detection is also enabled, make sure the sensitivity is "0" and threshold is "100". If it's not, CastleSurveillance, perhaps continuous triggers are causing your roundabouts?

how far are you from te PTZ in that video?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Too beautiful, I want PTZ :D :lol: If anyone is pissed off to the point that they want to throw their's out, just PM me, I'll be ready to buy it if its a good offer ;)

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
PTZ will work well if its used in the correct setting with the appropriate parameters set.

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
.For those of you that have seen @Cameraguy camera do so well with tracking, I believe it is because he doesn't have any visual obstacles that interrupt the view of the subject during tracking.

Like @CastleSurveillance and tracking his wife, I think it stopped on the tree that she walked past. This is the exact problem I've had with this camera. I've got too many trees for it to look at while tracking. I have no proof, just a thought.

And keep in mind,these are not designed with the average consumer in mind.
I agree. I have one tree in the middle of my front yard and numerous times, the cam stops and zooms into the darn thing.