Review-I'll be the guinea pig for the new SD59225U-HNI PTZ.

Darkflame808

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes, please post if you can. I'd love to have another firmware to compare against.

deifel

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I've also had a 59225 for some weeks now. Unfortunately, I do not get Face Detection to work properly (no faces are detected and I do not get an email). Motion Detect works.
I have updated the camera to the latest firmware. However, the camera is displayed as 59230 in the web interface. Can someone tell me why that is and if that is normal?
I have flashed the correct files firmware from Dahua for the 59225.

Thanks and Greetings
Frank

Attachments

deifel

n3wb
Reaction score
Is it possible that dahua has an wrong firmware file on the download center? If I download the newest general_sd59xxxs-hn_mainapp_sony_ptz_v3.04.09.r.170905 i get another version file in the zip file: General_SD59XXX-HN-MAIN_MCU_V2.300.0000000.10.R.170926.bin.
Crazy...

And another question: Can someone please tell me how to get face detection to work? If I access the camera via the web interface and there activate Face Detection and the check mark at Email and the camera align to a preset, then nothing happens. Of course, I have created a working SMTP mail account in settings. If I try it under Motion Detect, then I get an email correctly. Under Smart Plan I disabled Heat Map and enabled Face Detection on all presets. Can someone tell me what else I need to setto make it work? Auto Tracking is enabled. Unfortunately I can not get it via Smartpss ...

Thanks a lot!

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is it possible that dahua has an wrong firmware file on the download center? If I download the newest general_sd59xxxs-hn_mainapp_sony_ptz_v3.04.09.r.170905 i get another version file in the zip file: General_SD59XXX-HN-MAIN_MCU_V2.300.0000000.10.R.170926.bin.
Crazy...

And another question: Can someone please tell me how to get face detection to work? If I access the camera via the web interface and there activate Face Detection and the check mark at Email and the camera align to a preset, then nothing happens. Of course, I have created a working SMTP mail account in settings. If I try it under Motion Detect, then I get an email correctly. Under Smart Plan I disabled Heat Map and enabled Face Detection on all presets. Can someone tell me what else I need to setto make it work? Auto Tracking is enabled. Unfortunately I can not get it via Smartpss ...

Thanks a lot!
Sorry, just saw this. I don't have the answers, but there is new firmware released, that --may-- solve some of the issues.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Last edited:

GuitarKin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Mmm it looks like release 171121 is worth doing, especially also after reading the release notes. But having previously read of problems occurring if the PTZ FW doesn't match, I see the same problem as deifel - 170905 downloads 170926 for the SD50XXX. Which PTZ FW do you have GuitarKin?

GuitarKin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Mmm it looks like release 171121 is worth doing, especially also after reading the release notes. But having previously read of problems occurring if the PTZ FW doesn't match, I see the same problem as deifel - 170905 downloads 170926 for the SD50XXX. Which PTZ FW do you have GuitarKin?
I just updated the main firmware. PTZ versio that I have is 2.300.0000000.10.RHNT_170926_24381.
PTZ version.jpeg

Last edited:

dabossc7

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
SmartIR zoom levels works now like it should be . I just tested that.
I also downloaded this and it did fix ir cutout at 9x zoom now it stays on all the way up to 25x zoom but I now have focus issue from around 14-25 zoom sometimes it just won’t focus and I have to manually focus other times it focuses for a second then gradually degrades then tries refocusing then in and out and usually settles on very un focused image did initializing lens at different zooms didn’t help tried auto zoom,low mid high sensitivity no luck. I noticed a new adj for pfa what is this? in focus and zoom menu but didn’t seem to do anything. 1st photo is auto focus zoom 2nd is me manually adj focus

Attachments

dabossc7

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I also downloaded this and it did fix ir cutout at 9x zoom now it stays on all the way up to 25x zoom but I now have focus issue from around 14-25 zoom sometimes it just won’t focus and I have to manually focus other times it focuses for a second then gradually degrades then tries refocusing then in and out and usually settles on very un focused image did initializing lens at different zooms didn’t help tried auto zoom,low mid high sensitivity no luck. I noticed a new adj for pfa what is this? in focus and zoom menu but didn’t seem to do anything. 1st photo is auto focus zoom 2nd is me manually adj focus
That’s at 24x zoom that fence is 220ft away

0blar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi
Sorry if i post on the wrong thread, but does someone compare the SD59225U-HNI with SD6CE225U-HNI ?
Any one has tested the SD6CE225U-HNI ?

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Before.JPG After.JPG

Before and after the upgrade of both firmware and PTZ software. Odd how the PTZ version naming is completely different from before.
I will keep you posted about my experiences.

deifel

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks! But I dont understand it. Seconds is how long the auto tracking tracks the moving object?
Oderare the seconds the time to go back to preset? Or how long a abject has to be moving before it tracks it?

Thanks a lot
You set it to how long you want in ptz settings