Review IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED (Full Color, Starlight+)

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
and why is lighter better?
The really bright ones screw with exposure and causes washout. Plus the S2 is more sensitive so it doesn't need as much light.

Actually many of us with full color type cameras do not even use the LED on the cameras because they can impact exposure/washout, etc.. Much better to have ambient light than use the LEDs if you can.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
The main difference appears to be the lens. One is f1.6 the other 1.0. Wonder how this will affect depth of field?

Also, I'm somewhat confused by Dahua heading down the warm led route. Daylight would surely be the best colour temperature for an LED to maximise colour accuracy and minimise colour cast?

S2 looks good but there are some questions to be answered in testing. I have little doubt it will be a good camera overall though. The 5442 is legendary already.

Last edited:

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Also, I'm somewhat confused by Dahua heading down the warm led route. Daylight would surely be the best colour temperature for an LED to maximise colour accuracy and minimise colour cast?
Warm light is daylight. 5000k or so is about daylight. Isn't the S1 higher in color temp (more white/blue)?