Review-Loryta OEM 4MP IPC-T2347G-LU ColorVu Fixed Turret Network 4mm lens & Junction Box

RevJoe

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is this the same as this:
Hikvision DS-2CD2347G1-L -- NVM I just found alastairstevenson review of the cam and he had this part number referenced.
Just wondering if there is any differences, I just did not want to assume the part number difference to be related to the distributing source, so thought I would ask. How does the EXIR LED cams stack up next to this in mostly dark scenarios? I think the ColorVu will be great in front of my house but the back is almost pitch dark at night.

Last edited:

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
@CCTVCam, why/how would Dahua fix a Hikvision (OEM'd) cam? Why do your pix look like they were taken at Looney2n's house? confuseled...

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Hm I just thought it was a bit foggy post rain.

Could be. Just wouldn't have thought that level of fog would afect something as close as the mailbox / vehicle. Only Looney can clear this up with a couple more pictures on another day, apologies for the pun.

Last edited:

Warptrooper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Since it doesn't have a so called "auto" mode, most importantly set the exposure to 1/60 at night as a start, and 1/2000 for daytime.
I like the 5442, it is my front door cam, and after some adjusting. I like it a lot.
May I ask, what settings work best for you for night profile on 5442 ? Been trying to play with different stuff, can't decide what to use.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the review. Just some quick observations, both positive and negative with a few points maybe for Dahua to address:

1. The compression looks great - detail retained on the fussy paving slabs - no signs of artefacts at 1st glance

2. Felt the picture looked a bit soft for 4mp when looking across the road at the vehicles and also your post box - could just be the poor lighting from the storm or focus adjustment or maybe a little soft out of the box:

View attachment 64042

3. After the 1st rain storm, the top and right hand side of the camera lens seemed to fog, I take it from this there was either some moisture ingress or it's so cold it needs some form of heater (I always though a mild form of heating was built in these days).

View attachment 64043
I missed this somehow. I watched the video several times, and I believe what you are seeing is water on the outside of the glass, the cam got a good soaking in the rain. You can even hear that the sound is muffled due to a water drop in the mic hole.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
sorry, but how does that relate to the thread subject Hikvisiion OEM IPC-T2347G-LU ?
there are plenty of other threads about tweaking the Dahua 5442 & ilk...

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I bought this camera by accident on Andy's site. I was thinking it was one with the 1/1.2" sensor. :) :) :) Anyways here is a night picture as I have it guarding my cars in the driveway. With the wider field of view it picks up more of the security light shining into the lens than the previous camera.

Camera 4F Night 4MP.jpg

A night picure from the previous camera which is a 2MP varifocal bullet camera.

Camera 4F Night.jpg

Last edited:

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
4Mp on 1/1.8" sensor makes for same size pixels as 1/1.2" sensor with 8MP.
The specs on the G2's indicate even better low-light performance than the the G(1)'s. (.0005 lux vs .0014)...
marketecture? I have one of these 2347G(1) and an LTS clone as well as a couple Dahua 5442's (fixed lens), and for my money, the Hik's win hands down.
Unless you've trully got a no-light situation and need IR, that is...

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@Parley - maybe you didn't dial in the top camera yet or maybe it is better in motion, but based on the static images, I prefer the 2MP. The top picture looks washed out and lacking detail.

If you have dialed it in and that is the case, this could be a great example showing how a 2MP can outperform a 4MP with what most would consider is a lot of nighttime light!

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
@Parley - maybe you didn't dial in the top camera yet or maybe it is better in motion, but based on the static images, I prefer the 2MP. The top picture looks washed out and lacking detail.

If you have dialed it in and that is the case, this could be a great example showing how a 2MP can outperform a 4MP with what most would consider is a lot of nighttime light!
I think it is because a portion of the camera is pointed right into the light. I have since cut back on the brightness and I will continue to play with it. With the 2MP it was pointed away from the security light. Actually I am looking to buying cameras with the 1/1.2" sensors and 8K.

Last edited:

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Update. Problem solved. The neighbor nextdoor wants to install a couple of cameras. So I will donate this camera to him along with a 4 channel NVR left over from a previous upgrade. The way it will be mounted will also cover my cars from his house. :) What I will do is buy a 4mm DS-2CD2087G2-LU from Andy and mount it under the security light so I will not have that problem. I just moved another camera about 18 inches to better cover the area between the two cars. Here is a picture from the new camera location that also shows the neighbors driveway.

Camera 3F.jpg

Last edited: