Review-OEM 4mp AI Cam IPC-T5442TM-AS Starlight+

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Ah, there it is. I'll play with that. Thanks.
I have exposure compensation turned down to about 15 and the IR illuminators turned down to 50 if that helps you play with the settings a bit.

sneakynuts

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK - So silly question time - How do I force Night profile to be in colour?
In Profile Management, I have it set to Day/Night
The Day & Night option becomes greyed out
1606565403326.png

However at night I have 1 street light which must provide enough light to keep it in day profile, but i would like it to go to night profile so I can make some minor adjustments
As soon as I change the profile to night it goes to B&W

This is a still from night, but in Day profile
20201128_224510.png

Thanks

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
You'll have to use the "Schedule" profile.

The Day/Night profile uses the camera's built-in light sensor to decide when to switch from color to B&W. I dont think you can override it.

sneakynuts

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You'll have to use the "Schedule" profile.

The Day/Night profile uses the camera's built-in light sensor to decide when to switch from color to B&W. I dont think you can override it.
Ahhhh.... Gotchya
Thanks

Now 1 more question.
I have been trialing different main stream settings and when I have high resolution and bitrate settings, i keep getting the yellow warning on live view "it is recommended to enable substream for better video playing experience"
Does this mean it more of my pc cant handle this setting to view, or my actual Local network (router/switch/cabling)?
Im in the process of upgrading my pc anyway, but would be good t know if i need to look at the rest of network equipment
1606568373840.png

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
What are you using to view? The NVR GUI Live interface or SmartPSS? and are you viewing over Wifi or direct cabled connection to the network, or remote??

Hard to say where the bottleneck is, could be either.. I see similar messages from time to time that usually sort themselves out if I have a good strong connection, so most of the time I'd say its your connection

sneakynuts

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What are you using to view? The NVR GUI Live interface or SmartPSS? and are you viewing over Wifi or direct cabled connection to the network, or remote??

Hard to say where the bottleneck is, could be either.. I see similar messages from time to time that usually sort themselves out if I have a good strong connection, so most of the time I'd say its your connection
Using google chrome to view the cam directly via IP. All devices hardwired to switch. Viewing directly on the local network
I guess ill see if helps after ive upgraded!!

Cheers

AnsonQ

n3wb
Reaction score
View attachment 75789

However at night I have 1 street light which must provide enough light to keep it in day profile, but i would like it to go to night profile so I can make some minor adjustments
As soon as I change the profile to night it goes to B&W

This is a still from night, but in Day profile
View attachment 75790

Thanks
Login your camera settings using Chrome, go to Conditions--> Profile Management, set it to "Full time", and change the option to "Day".
Then same under Conditions, go to Day&Night, choose "Day", and change the mode to "color".

AnsonQ

n3wb
Reaction score
Ahhhh.... Gotchya
Thanks

Now 1 more question.
I have been trialing different main stream settings and when I have high resolution and bitrate settings, i keep getting the yellow warning on live view "it is recommended to enable substream for better video playing experience"
Does this mean it more of my pc cant handle this setting to view, or my actual Local network (router/switch/cabling)?
Im in the process of upgrading my pc anyway, but would be good t know if i need to look at the rest of network equipment
View attachment 75791
Try turning "Smart Codec" off. It may create some trouble from my experience.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Login your camera settings using Chrome, go to Conditions--> Profile Management, set it to "Full time", and change the option to "Day".
Then same under Conditions, go to Day&Night, choose "Day", and change the mode to "color".

Wont that restrict the camera to one common setting, Day.? He wants separate day and night settings...Both in color

Last edited:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Sunrise/Sunset Utility

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
Sunrise/Sunset requires Full Time, not Day or Night, right? That is what I'm using. Than select Conditions, Day & Night, select Color, and works great for me.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
View attachment 75789
Under "Illuminator," do you not have a manual setting where you can turn off the IR for the night profile?

My Dahua's have a slightly different interface, but there's a similar "IR Light" choice and it can be done there.

Never mind.. reading too fast. ; )

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Sunrise/Sunset requires Full Time, not Day or Night, right? That is what I'm using. Than select Conditions, Day & Night, select Color, and works great for me.
Doesn't the Sunset/Sunrise utility effectively do the same thing as using the 'Schedule" profile? Tells it when to switch?
I understand the benefit for LPR cameras keeping focus, but this guy just wants to keep the camera in color at night AND use a different set of settings after dark vs during the day...

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, you are right, but with the Schedule you have to set the times(DST) throughout the year.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
True, I have 5 cameras using Schedule that take me about 2-3 minutes about 3-4 times a year. I dont try and fine tune it down to the perfect minute of dusk/dawn, I find things do fine if I'm within 15-20 minutes of sunsrise/sunset. In fact if I were to use the "official" sunrise/sunset times I find it often switches too soon.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I set mine once, at install, and never have to do anything using Sunrise/Sunset utility. Makes things even easier and you can offset the time by whatever floats your boat. Mine switch a half hour after sunset and a half hour before sunrise.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
For us Linux users, Sunwait is awesome. Similar to BPs script but can be used for anything. So if you need to turn a light on/off or flip a camera to day/night at sunrise/sunset, it can handle it.

sneakynuts

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Time schedule is what i was after.
This gave me the ability to have different different setting for night and day as well as force night into colour

As for DST, its easy for me to adjust this once a year as needed! But i wont know till about March when our DST ends!!

Thanks for the help all.