Review: OEM IPC-B5442T-ASE-NI 4MP Pro AI Starlight Full-color Fixed Bullet

dabflyboy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wasn't there one that was supposed to come out though? I hope they can integrate a motion detection light feature
They have a dome out, but no turret so far that I've seen. IPC-HDBW5442R-ASE-NI

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
The advantage is no dome to fog up, get dirty or end up with rain/snow sticking to it plus no reflections from internal lights, a key thing with white LEDs especially. (Jeesh, I've got to do a better job at proof reading!)

Last edited:

jutos

n3wb
Reaction score
One thing I think worth mentioning is that you don't HAVE to have nighttime color in all locations. In many scenes, there simply isnt enough light to make nighttime color practical. With this camera and its ability to pick up light in B&W mode quite well, without using IR, Its a great alternative.

Also as pointed out, there is some slight DNR blur/trail on a couple of the sample clips. This was due to DNR being set to 50 as I worked on reducing the inherent noise in the bright sensor. Note this mostly applies to Color as the B&W video seems to tolerate DNR a bit better.

Here are 3 clips at different settings with DNR at 35 and little to no blur
*** Remember to change the Youtube player to 1440

B&W (No IR)
Exposure Auto, Exposure Comp 50, DNR 50

Color
Exposure 1/120, Gain 50, Exp Comp 50, DNR 35

Color
Exposure 1/120, Gain 45, Exp Comp 45, DNR 35

video is no longer available :( is there any chance you will add it once again?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I was looking forward to this review. Damn comie YT
Those 3 videos I posted above on Rumble pretty much tell the tale, along with the comparison shots to the standard 5442 at the bottom of the first page of this thread. Best camera I own and I highly recommend it in locations with good light and no need for IR.

If you do need IR, stay with the standard 5442 series.

Glad to post additional clips if anyone has a specific need.

Madgame87

n3wb
Reaction score
These look great. Too bad my location is fairly dark, otherwise I would've opted for these. An additional flood light isn't feasible where I live.

How do you find the security features? Like the vehicle and human detection? Are they similar to Hik?

Rob2020

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thank you for the great review.

I am trying to determine if I have adequate outside lighting to run this camera. My driveway is probably 40 feet long, then the two-lane street with a bright LED streetlight directly across the street. The streetlight illuminates the driveway half way up to the garage/house. Is there any way to approximate the light needed to run this at night in color?

I do have a IPC-T5442-AS 3.6mm mounted at the front of the garage/house, I assume if I force this into full color mode and see how it runs at night it will provide similar results?

Rob2020

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thank you, I will give it a try and go from there after I see what the 5442 looks like in forced color at night.

Rob2020

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just an update to my last post of April 11th. I tried the 5542 in forced color and it looks good, I also tried my IPC-T2231T-ZS Varifocal and got equally pleasing results.

I wanted to buy an IPC-B5442T-ASE-NI but the 3.6MM lens was not quite a good fit. I ended up buying an IPC-HFW4239T-ASE in the 6MM option (from Andy of course).

It was a lot less cost wise, suited my needs better with the 6.0 lens, and seems to be a solid camera based upon everything I have read here. I look forward to seeing the color with the F1.0

Cameras multiplying like rabbits.