Review- OEM IPC-T2831T-ZS 4k varifocal starlight turret & PFB203W Wall Bracket.

Reaction score
Varifocal cameras are not made to zoom in when ever you want. They should be zoomed in to where you want it to stay and leave it at that zoomed in level. If you zoom it all the way in and you still get no detail due to lack of pixels then maybe you need more lighting to help the scene. I wouldn't place any camera above 6ft. Did you see this on setting up the 5442t ze camera if that is the one you have.

Warptrooper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Varifocal cameras are not made to zoom in when ever you want. They should be zoomed in to where you want it to stay and leave it at that zoomed in level. If you zoom it all the way in and you still get no detail due to lack of pixels then maybe you need more lighting to help the scene. I wouldn't place any camera above 6ft. Did you see this on setting up the 5442t ze camera if that is the one you have.

I wanted to leave them under soffit for protection against rain. I could move them down but it would risk them getting wet maybe, something I'll experiment with in the future.

I have the 3.6mm not the varifocal. By the zooming I meant if I was to relocate it then the 3.6 ends up being wider than I need (for the purposes of watching the cars) but its still adequate probably.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
1) Would replacing 5442 with a 4K add enough resolution to catch faces / plates better during the day or the distance is still too far ?
You can estimate that by looking at the values in the DORI section of the spec sheet or by using IPVM Camera Calculator V3 and looking at the est image quality/PPF value. Heads up that many folks find Dahua’s DORI values to be a bit optimistic, so maybe mentally knock a few feet off of them.

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Unless I missed it, is there a link to a firmware update for this camera?

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
OK, now I see on the left you have to 'agree' to conditions, etc. Got it but is this fw for the IPC-2347G-LU ?

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yep, I think I am. Not sure how that happened, sorry all.